• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

I think Bauer should own this decision and seize on the opportunity to improve his reputation.   He should announce in a prepared statement that he is going to Japan specifically to avoid being a victim of the urges of his own toxic masculinity. . . because Japanese women (said in Japanese accent) “don’t door it for me.”

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I’m late to the party

hows this situation any different from DeShaun Watson’s ? 

watson just signed a huge extension and is playing in games with almost no issues 

Bauer shouldn’t be blackballed from the league 

It's not

It's cute how you guys think all 30 MLB teams are somehow deluded, but you are the ones who know better.

Bauer was duped and apparently falsely accused, but he's still a pariah. Why? Because he's a douche and a clubhouse cancer. If not, some desperate team or teams would certainly give him a shot because of his incredible upside. It's not difficult to see.

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Because he's a douche and a clubhouse cancer. If not, some desperate team or teams would certainly give him a shot because of his incredible upside. It's not difficult to see.

Every mlb clubhouse has its share of “douches”.  The teams deal with that as a group in the clubhouse and they work it out.  So it’s not that.

What is “not difficult to see” is the lack of a mlb contract is more likely because of the kind of attention signing him would bring, from a whole tribe of opportunistic, dishonest, insatiable, virtue signaling douches not named Trevor Bauer.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Every mlb clubhouse has its share of “douches”.  The teams deal with that as a group in the clubhouse and they work it out.  So it’s not that.

What is “not difficult to see” is the lack of a mlb contract is more likely because of the kind of attention signing him would bring, from a whole tribe of opportunistic, dishonest, insatiable, virtue signaling douches not named Trevor Bauer.

Lolk. Every MLB team is woke and virtue signaling.

Of course there are other clubhouse douches across the league. Bauer is at another level. Even before he signed with the Dodgers he had a reputation.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Named @Taylor!

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Lolk. Every MLB team is woke and virtue signaling.

Of course there are other clubhouse douches across the league. Bauer is at another level. Even before he signed with the Dodgers he had a reputation.

I didn’t say mlb teams are woke and virtue signaling.  I said they would be attacked by woke and virtue signaling media and activist groups.

Yes, he had a reputation before all of this.  And what contract did he get with that reputation?  Big money.

Edited by Dtwncbad

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I didn’t say mlb teams are woke and virtue signaling.  I said they would be attacked by woke and virtue signaling media and activist groups.

Of course there'd be some of that. Just like the Dodgers took heat from the other side for letting Bauer go. 

There'd be some noise and then it would fizzle, like it always does.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think Bauer should own this decision and seize on the opportunity to improve his reputation.   He should announce in a prepared statement that he is going to Japan specifically to avoid being a victim of the urges of his own toxic masculinity. . . because Japanese women (said in Japanese accent) “don’t door it for me.”

I agree.  Trevor Bauer *should* do this. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Maybe some team did. How much is he going to make in Japan?

that's a very good point.

baystars are going to pay him 4 million. i'm assuming the dodgers get 4 million of salary relief even though it's not an mlb or even an u.s. based operation?

edit: it was 4 million last night. maybe that's inaccurate and it's 3 million.

6 minutes ago, ukyah said:

that's a very good point.

baystars are going to pay him 4 million. i'm assuming the dodgers get 4 million of salary relief even though it's not an mlb or even an u.s. based operation?

edit: it was 4 million last night. maybe that's inaccurate and it's 3 million.

I think it's $4M if he hits all his incentives.  And the Dodgers receive no salary relief, since the deal isn't with an MLB team.

He admits he made mistakes.  He says he wants to not only be the best pitcher he can be, but the best person he can be.

He’s already better than all of you that judged him.  

Good luck to you, Trevor.  I know I’m not the only here rooting for you.