• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

For the record, I would take Bauer.  He is not going to cost much.  He probably would represent the best upside contract imaginable.  And while he is certainly weird, he was set up and was the victim of extortion.

All I would need to know is if the clubhouse would accept him. Is so, I sign him yesterday.

He costs basically nothing and you can cut him if he doesn’t pan out.  It’s been shown that, at worst, he’s a douche with poor judgement, not a criminal.  And I think other players know that.  They don’t care about the accusations.  They care that he’s an obnoxious teammate.

My suspicion is he’s been approached by a couple of teams and they’ve kicked the tires but they’ve told his agent they would require him to issue some bullshit apology and he won’t.  And this is why he won’t:

(1) Victims don’t usually need to apologize, even if they were preyed upon because of their own stupidity.  I think anyone here that was falsely accused would steadfastly defend themselves and not waver nor be forced to intimate that they were someone responsible for something they didn’t do.

(2) An apology could negatively affect the ongoing litigation he has and making another 20-40 million playing for the next 5 years probably pales in comparison to what he stands to gain in these lawsuits.  Frankly, I think that’s the main reason.  

8 hours ago, cals said:

It’s a hypothetical and it requires the balancing of the baggage involved with signing him versus the greatest possible benefit for the Angels (playoffs and retaining Ohtani).  

And summarily stating that Bauer wouldn’t put the Angels over the hump both ignores that this is a hypothetical and also that he’s the 2020 NL Cy Young winner, is still in his prime years and has minimal mileage on his arm for the last two years.

So frankly I find your response pointless.  As well as you as a human being.

Citing his 2020 Cy young as likelihood of him putting Angels over the top shows how poorly thought out of a hypothetical this is. You know who else had great years in 2020 and received Cy Young votes?

Dylan Bundy, Keuchel, Ryu, Maeda, Kyle Hendricks, etc.

Bauer is making videos pitching against Juco and high school kids in a cage. Creating a hypothetical where he moves the needle just isn't based in reality. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Citing his 2020 Cy young as likelihood of him putting Angels over the top shows how poorly thought out of a hypothetical this is. You know who else had great years in 2020 and received Cy Young votes?

Dylan Bundy, Keuchel, Ryu, Maeda, Kyle Hendricks, etc.

Bauer is making videos pitching against Juco and high school kids in a cage. Creating a hypothetical where he moves the needle just isn't based in reality. 

You must be a blast at parties.  At ha ha, you follow Bauer on YouTube.

This isn’t the best thread for this because Cals won’t let it be, but the last season Bauer pitched his FIP was 4.03, and that was with the Dodgers pitching gurus and analytic department. In the Angels rotation that would be good for 6th this coming season. He could be a pitcher that gets stronger as the year goes along and his numbers could have improved. But the last time he pitched, which was 18 months ago, he was basically average. Personally I’d trust him in a big game over Suarez, whomever our 6th starter is and maybe Detmers, but I think he’s severely overrated at this point. Or maybe it’s simply for me the risk isn’t worth the possible reward because I’m unsure the reward is all that much. I say that realizing the financial risk is literally league minimum. The PR risk is big from a perception he’s a bad dude. The PR risk of whatever team signs him must be desperate. The fact that his team mates generally hate him doesn’t help.  
But in Cals scenario, I’d be fine with him for a year for a lifetime of Ohtani. 

13 hours ago, cals said:

(2) An apology could negatively affect the ongoing litigation he has and making another 20-40 million playing for the next 5 years probably pales in comparison to what he stands to gain in these lawsuits.  Frankly, I think that’s the main reason.  

Who is he going to sue that has a lot of money?

2 hours ago, cals said:

I was collateral damage  in her putdown on you.

I actually would argue the opposite. She knows you very well. She doesn't know me from @Adam. She just saw my name and correctly guessed I was a dude, then thought, "My dad seems to have a strange projection complex. I'm going to make a joke implying that he enjoys the company of men."