• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

26 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Just taking a peek at the twitter thread. There was like 3 people that expressed their sanctimonious crap. One person has "I hate Ronald Reagan" in his bio, lmao, and the other has "I'm a progressive, these are my pronouns" in their bio.

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

I don't typically care if someone wants to make their pronouns known or whatever they want to sell themselves as, but for whatever reasons the one thing that does get at me is whenever someone puts declares themselves an ally...  Like GFY already.  Pretty sure if you feel a certain way about a subject or movement your words/actions will speak for you and you won't have to label yourself as such.  That whole "I'm an ally" thing reeks of "I'm one of the good guys", so let me get away with being a twat.  Don't get me wrong, it's all pretty innocuous but for whatever weird reason that one is a pet peeve of mine.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah all of that.. plus there are factions of people & content rivals on Twitter that hate us because of our status and success and they're just chomping at the bit to go on the attack whenever we tweet anything that ruffles their feathers. 

Twitter is the hub of strawmen arguments.

"If you want the Angels to sign Bauer, you support sexual assault!"

"If you don't want the Angels to sign Bauer, you're a snowflake libtard who drives a Saab."

38 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't typically care if someone wants to make their pronouns known or whatever they want to sell themselves as, but for whatever reasons the one thing that does get at me is whenever someone puts declares themselves an ally...  Like GFY already.  Pretty sure if you feel a certain way about a subject or movement your words/actions will speak for you and you won't have to label yourself as such.  That whole "I'm an ally" thing reeks of "I'm one of the good guys", so let me get away with being a twat.  Don't get me wrong, it's all pretty innocuous but for whatever weird reason that one is a pet peeve of mine.  

Much of it is performative. Our society has become infested with folks who are all about raising their "influence" by declaring their affinity with one particular group or another.

48 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I'll echo the sentiment that Perry values clubhouse chemistry too much to bring in a guy the Dodgers didn't want around. I honestly don't think he gets signed immediately, but will pitch this year. 

Quite simply, I don’t think Arte would want to deal with the potential headache and complication Bauer might bring while trying to sell the team.  

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It appears that 4 days after being unconditionally released from the Dodgers no team seems to be all that interested in Trevor Bauer. 

Or maybe they all made an offer at once and now he's taking time to decide which team he goes to.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

It appears that 4 days after being unconditionally released from the Dodgers no team seems to be all that interested in Trevor Bauer. 

57 minutes ago, cals said:

He was DFA’d.  He is not a free agent until Friday.

56 minutes ago, Stradling said:

With Bauer he still isn’t a free agent so he can’t go sign with another team yet. The Dodgers have 7 days to trade him or release him. 

55 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

He wasn't released he was DFA. Dodgers can trade him until Friday, if not THEN he's a FA who can be signed. 

47 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Who knows about legitimacy of this, so take it FWIW.

@Blarg

FACE

2 hours ago, cals said:

He was DFA’d.  He is not a free agent until Friday.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

With Bauer he still isn’t a free agent so he can’t go sign with another team yet. The Dodgers have 7 days to trade him or release him. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

He wasn't released he was DFA. Dodgers can trade him until Friday, if not THEN he's a FA who can be signed. 

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Who knows about legitimacy of this, so take it FWIW.

Not sure where I heard this, but I think he's not a free agent until Friday.