• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

mother theresa was an awful person. read all about her and stuff she said, it's horrible. her stated only interest was building the church's influence.

Yeah, I kind of used her as a metaphor for what I was trying to say. People often hold her up as a completely selfless person.

I should have gone with Mr. Rogers.

Dodgers show Trevor Bauer the door following meeting where he didn't show remorse

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/01/06/dodgers-decision-part-ways-trevor-bauer/11004427002/

Really, the Dodgers’ best hope was to trade Bauer. They spent time determining whether any team would be interested after he was reinstated by an independent arbitrator on Dec. 22 that reduced his original 324-game suspension to 194 games.

Yet, even with the Dodgers willing to pay nearly all of his remaining $22.5 million salary, seeking almost anything in return, the silence was deafening. 

No one wanted him.

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Dodgers show Trevor Bauer the door following meeting where he didn't show remorse

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/01/06/dodgers-decision-part-ways-trevor-bauer/11004427002/

Really, the Dodgers’ best hope was to trade Bauer. They spent time determining whether any team would be interested after he was reinstated by an independent arbitrator on Dec. 22 that reduced his original 324-game suspension to 194 games.

Yet, even with the Dodgers willing to pay nearly all of his remaining $22.5 million salary, seeking almost anything in return, the silence was deafening. 

No one wanted him.

In all seriousness, what type of apology did they want? “I’m sorry that the Dodgers organization is embarrassed about the way I like my nookie”? 

It's a publicity thing. All it is.

If he does the phoned in "I'm sorry for my actions and for any trouble it may have caused the Dodgers organization blah blah blah" then they probably keep him or at least get a few biters on a trade 

It's stupid, really. Like, saying "sorry" impacts million dollar contracts. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, what type of apology did they want? “I’m sorry that the Dodgers organization is embarrassed about the way I like my nookie”? 

Since not one of 29 other teams wanted to discuss a trade for him perhaps his attitude is holding him back. 

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's a publicity thing. All it is.

If he does the phoned in "I'm sorry for my actions and for any trouble it may have caused the Dodgers organization blah blah blah" then they probably keep him or at least get a few biters on a trade 

It's stupid, really. Like, saying "sorry" impacts million dollar contracts. 

The Dodgers are the best-run organization in baseball (it makes me want to vomit saying that). They're not known for making bad baseball decisions.

It's obvious there's more to the story here. If it was just about an "apology" keeping them from employing a top-tier SP rather than paying for some other team to employ him, that is stupid. But because it's the Dodgers it's pretty clear they determined he's going to continue being a basket case and the team would be worse off with him than without him.

1 minute ago, Dark Bumpy said:

The Dodgers are the best-run organization in baseball (it makes me want to vomit saying that). They're not know for making bad baseball decisions.

It's obvious there's more to the story here.

I mean yeah, probably. But we'll probably never know.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I won't go into details to respect my privacy and the privacy of others, but I want to apologize. Looking back I'm not proud of some of the choices I made. I have sought different avenues to better myself and to ensure better choices in the future. Furthermore while this is not an admission of guilt, I'm donating 2 million dollars to female assistance in domestic battery situations.

Done.

That's all he had to do. It's stupid, but its how this world works. 

14 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

The Dodgers are the best-run organization in baseball (it makes me want to vomit saying that). They're not known for making bad baseball decisions.

It's obvious there's more to the story here. If it was just about an "apology" keeping them from employing a top-tier SP rather than paying for some other team to employ him, that is stupid. But because it's the Dodgers it's pretty clear they determined he's going to continue being a basket case and the team would be worse off with him than without him.

Or, it could be as simple as he embarrassed them and the money doesn't mean anything to them.
We believe what we want to believe in the end. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Or, it could be as simple as he embarrassed them and the money doesn't mean anything to them.

But winning means everything to them. They chose to get rid of the player despite the fact he could help them win because their rotation is not deep at all and has question marks everywhere. That’s how bad of an impression he left on the organization.  

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

You shouldn't be.  We should explore signing him.

I was hoping people would be smart enough to realize bringing in someone who’s hated in the locker room who plays our position of strength is a terrible idea, but unfortunately not

1 hour ago, Jay said:

No one wanted him.

The silence was deafening!

Ha ha.  Maybe because most teams know they can sign him shroud giving anything up.

47 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I won't go into details to respect my privacy and the privacy of others, but I want to apologize. Looking back I'm not proud of some of the choices I made. I have sought different avenues to better myself and to ensure better choices in the future. Furthermore while this is not an admission of guilt, I'm donating 2 million dollars to female assistance in domestic battery situations.

Done.

That's all he had to do. It's stupid, but its how this world works. 

Would you do it if you were totally without fault?  If you were the victim of an extortion plot?

49 minutes ago, floplag said:

Sure. And the other 29 teams that didn't even inquire about a trade?