• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Now what? What moves would you like to see them make.

Stradling

On 11/29/2022 at 6:55 AM, totdprods said:

Nope, just somewhere between a guess and a hunch. This is the ‘what move would you make next’ thread after all. Perry traditionally moves quick and bullpen is probably the next to address.

Good call.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Not a big move but I wouldn’t mind adding Chafin to our pen.  ERA under 3 for the past three years. Struck out 10 per 9, walk rate is consistent at 3 per 9. Last two years he has given up virtually no home runs. Solid WHIP. 

I also like Jharel Cotton and Michael Fullmer as guys who could very well be ready for a consistent setup role. 

2 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

I also like Jharel Cotton and Michael Fullmer as guys who could very well be ready for a consistent setup role. 

Jharel Cotton also made a lot of appearances on Bill Hezel’s Twitter this last year, so I have a hunch he’s someone the Angels are checking in on. Dillon Tate also had a ton of activity on Hezel’s tweets, as much as Sandoval, Cobb, and Ohtani almost, and could be shopped by Baltimore. 

I like Chafin as an option too. Will Smith seems like he’d maybe be on the radar also, if the Angel want to simply want to add a high volume of vet relievers with closer experience and go by committee or play 9th inning match-ups. 

If the White Sox are wanting to shed some money, matching up with them for Hendrix and/or Anderson does make sense. Have to think Rengifo could be of interest to Chicago and could be a cost-effective infield option for them, and Anderson could be a stopgap for guys like Neto to emerge.

I really like Arraez, even if he is more of a 2B with defensive limitations. The offensive profile fits our needs really well. It’d take quite a few things dominoing for that to make sense though (such as signing a pitcher and sending a pitcher to Minnesota)…one loco scenario? Angels sign Swanson, trade Suarez + Adell + idk Canning/Daniel for Arraez, then ship out Rengifo for a controllable RHP SP to replace Suarez. Only add Swanson’s money in that scenario, and lock-up 2B and SS for the near-future.

Sick Lineup: Arraez 2B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Rendon 3B, Ward LF, Renfroe RF, Walsh 1B, Stassi C, Swanson SS

Bench: Back-up C, Urshela, Fletcher, Soto/Velazquez, Moniak

Rotation: Ohtani, Anderson, Sandoval, trade from Rengifo, Detmers, #6 (Silseth, Canning, etc.)

Edited by totdprods

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I really like Arraez, even if he is more of a 2B with defensive limitations. The offensive profile fits our needs really well. It’d take quite a few things dominoing for that to make sense though (such as signing a pitcher and sending a pitcher to Minnesota)…one loco scenario? Angels sign Swanson, trade Suarez + Adell + idk Canning/Daniel for Arraez, then ship out Rengifo for a controllable RHP SP to replace Suarez. Only add Swanson’s money in that scenario, and lock-up 2B and SS for the near-future.

Sick Lineup: Arraez 2B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Rendon 3B, Ward LF, Renfroe RF, Walsh 1B, Stassi C, Swanson SS

Rotation: Ohtani, Anderson, Sandoval, trade from Rengifo, Detmers, #6 (Silseth, Canning, etc.)

If we really are into Senga, that would reduce our need to replace Suarez  too. 

5 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

If we really are into Senga, that would reduce our need to replace Suarez  too. 

Sign Senga, trade Suarez + Rengifo for Rogers or Hoerner? Rosario? Arraez?

Could push budget and really go win now and try to land Anderson and Hendrix for those two in what would amount to a salary dump for the Sox and a huge gamble for the Angels, but shoot, adding Renfroe, Urshela, Estevez, Tyler Anderson, Tim Anderson, Kodai Senga, and Liam Hendrix while only losing Suarez and Rengifo from the big league club would be nuts. Almost all of that is expiring money too. That would be an incredible club to roll into 2023, even if it jeopardizes 2024 a bit. Also let’s then be big players at deadline to sell (or buy without losing major prospects).

Edited by totdprods

On 12/6/2022 at 8:52 AM, totdprods said:

Jharel Cotton also made a lot of appearances on Bill Hezel’s Twitter this last year, so I have a hunch he’s someone the Angels are checking in on. Dillon Tate also had a ton of activity on Hezel’s tweets, as much as Sandoval, Cobb, and Ohtani almost, and could be shopped by Baltimore. 

I like Chafin as an option too. Will Smith seems like he’d maybe be on the radar also, if the Angel want to simply want to add a high volume of vet relievers with closer experience and go by committee or play 9th inning match-ups. 

If the White Sox are wanting to shed some money, matching up with them for Hendrix and/or Anderson does make sense. Have to think Rengifo could be of interest to Chicago and could be a cost-effective infield option for them, and Anderson could be a stopgap for guys like Neto to emerge.

Yeah, I like Arraez too. He's the kind of hitter the Angels need at the top of the lineup. Would I like the cost? Probably not, but it's worth a discussion with the Twins. 

It really feels like Perry was kinda waiting out a couple teams that were intent on chucking $300 mil at someone.  Pads in particular.  

I'd like to see someone take Swanson off the board.  

I think the Giants and Twins will each get a big name.   One will get Correa and one will get Swanson I think.  

My guess is that he's still got some very specific targets but none that he's so married to that he'll engage in a big time bidding war.