• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels trade #10 prospect Kyle Johnson for Collin Cowgill

Scott34

Angels Acquire Collin Cowgill

By Steve Adams [June 25 at 5:19pm CST]

The Mets announced, via Twitter, that they have traded Collin Cowgill to the Angels in exchange for minor league outfielder Kyle Johnson. Angels director of communications Eric Kay tweets that Cowgill has been optioned to Triple-A Salt Lake and adds that Ryan Madson was transferred to the 60-day DL to make room on the 40-man roster.

Cowgill, 27, has a .173/.189/.327 slash line in 53 plate appearances for the Mets this season, though he's career .307/.381/.476 hitter in 885 Triple-A plate appearances. The Mets designated him for assignment last week after they acquired Eric Young Jr. from the Rockies.

Johnson, 23, was the Angels' 25th round pick in last year's draft. The Washington State product is hitting .310/.414/.424 with two homers and 30 stolen bases in 297 plate appearances for Class A Burlington. He did not rank among the Angels' Top 30 prospects, according to Baseball America. Yesterday, Mike Puma of the New York Post reported that the Mets unsuccessfully attempted to trade Cowgill to the Angels in exchange for Triple-A right-hander Matt Shoemaker.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/angels-acquire-collin-cowgill.html#disqus_thread

Angels Acquire Collin Cowgill

By Steve Adams [June 25 at 5:19pm CST]

The Mets announced, via Twitter, that they have traded Collin Cowgill to the Angels in exchange for minor league outfielder Kyle Johnson. Angels director of communications Eric Kay tweets that Cowgill has been optioned to Triple-A Salt Lake and adds that Ryan Madson was transferred to the 60-day DL to make room on the 40-man roster.

Cowgill, 27, has a .173/.189/.327 slash line in 53 plate appearances for the Mets this season, though he's career .307/.381/.476 hitter in 885 Triple-A plate appearances. The Mets designated him for assignment last week after they acquired Eric Young Jr. from the Rockies.

Johnson, 23, was the Angels' 25th round pick in last year's draft. The Washington State product is hitting .310/.414/.424 with two homers and 30 stolen bases in 297 plate appearances for Class A Burlington. He did not rank among the Angels' Top 30 prospects, according to Baseball America. Yesterday, Mike Puma of the New York Post reported that the Mets unsuccessfully attempted to trade Cowgill to the Angels in exchange for Triple-A right-hander Matt Shoemaker.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/angels-acquire-collin-cowgill.html#disqus_thread

What am I missing here? Why are they targeting more OF's?

What am I missing here? Why are they targeting more OF's?

I'm wondering if they are looking at trading Calhoun.  He doesn't have a spot on the big league club.  He has a full 6 years of control left.  He's hitting real well in AAA right now.  He might be able to fetch us a nice close to the majors pitcher.  

I'm wondering if they are looking at trading Calhoun.  He doesn't have a spot on the big league club.  He has a full 6 years of control left.  He's hitting real well in AAA right now.  He might be able to fetch us a nice close to the majors pitcher.  

I suppose this is one possibility, although my hope is (see earlier post) that Cowgill just fills a roster spot in Salt Lake, which in turn allows Calhoun to get promoted.

$3 million for zero.

Then again it's better than $125 million for zero.

Madson has been paid over $13.5 million to not pitch for the last two years...

Maybe with all the lowered expectations we can sign him next year on the cheap #Dipoto  B)