• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Woke buyers?

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

I bet 0.01% of potential home owners back out on a home they want because of the HOA rules, Blargy Boy.

Since you have never bought a home you'd be wise to understand what HOAs are and how much power they wield over a homeowner. You are dead wrong about how many people cross communities off their list because of the HOA and it's yearly expense. 

We backed out on property in NC because of HOA rules. It was restrictive of everything down to building materials, size of home and architectural style, what sort of landscaping and plants you grow, exterior lighting, types of fencing, exterior paint colors and parking outside of a garage. The agreement was over 40 pages long.

Some HOA only charge for services provided but most set their community's ground rules and, yes, buyers do bail depending upon the restrictions and cost. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Since you have never bought a home you'd be wise to understand what HOAs are and how much power they wield over a homeowner. You are dead wrong about how many people cross communities off their list because of the HOA and it's yearly expense. 

We backed out on property in NC because of HOA rules. It was restrictive of everything down to building materials, size of home and architectural style, what sort of landscaping and plants you grow, exterior lighting, types of fencing, exterior paint colors and parking outside of a garage. The agreement was over 40 pages long.

Some HOA only charge for services provided but most set their community's ground rules and, yes, buyers do bail depending upon the restrictions and cost. 

HOA used to be some retired person who can't fuck anymore driving around and being nosy.  Become a business now. They just changed ours and the letter said "we have purchased" from the other HOA, and I thought who the fuck buys those.  This new company is trying to crap the whip hoping to fine people. They bitched at me about how I trimmed a tree so I just had the fucker cut down and then they tried to fine me for not asking them if I could cut it down. They lost that battle.  

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

It's not just HOA's.  I wouldn't want to live in Glendale because of some of their HOA type city rules.

3 hours ago, Crampknees said:

HOA used to be some retired person who can't fuck anymore driving around and being nosy.  Become a business now. They just changed ours and the letter said "we have purchased" from the other HOA, and I thought who the fuck buys those.  This new company is trying to crap the whip hoping to fine people. They bitched at me about how I trimmed a tree so I just had the fucker cut down and then they tried to fine me for not asking them if I could cut it down. They lost that battle.  

We have a friend that moved to New Bern and their HOA covers internet, street cleaning, snow removal and trash service that when bundled together is cheaper than buying individually. Where they run into problems is street maintenance is not covered by the HOA or city. So years into ownership your potholes are your responsibility to have filled. 

I looked at some property in a couple year old HOA community and it was the worst broken up paved roads I've ever driven. A Montana dirt road was easier to traverse. The builder didn't follow any codes and the city refused to take responsibility for not holding them to code since it was a planned community. 

Lots of clauses you have to read before buying in. 

4 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Yes ours is nationally owned. I tried 3 times to get my fence approved. Always some bs rejection from someone who probably never been to my house. I put the fence up and nobody said shit. 

I lived in an HOA community in Aliso Viejo. They never bothered me even though I put a shed and speakers in my backyard.

What bothered me about the house was that the front door faced south with very little space for foliage. The fuckin door handle was probably over 150 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2/3 of the year. Lesson learned. 

Don’t worry @Taylor I moved and my door handle is no longer hot. The problem at my new house is the garden area which is blocked from the sun by two 100 year old eucalyptus trees. @cals wanted to give me pepper sprouts but I had nowhere to put them. 

Have no fear though. There’s another area that has some stupid leaf shitting tree that I’m going to rip down next week. There is a ton of sun there and it should suffice until I build a bbq/bar setup within the next few years in that section. I’ll keep you posted. 

23 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Don’t worry @Taylor I moved and my door handle is no longer hot. The problem at my new house is the garden area which is blocked from the sun by two 100 year old eucalyptus trees. @cals wanted to give me pepper sprouts but I had nowhere to put them. 

Have no fear though. There’s another area that has some stupid leaf shitting tree that I’m going to rip down next week. There is a ton of sun there and it should suffice until I build a bbq/bar setup within the next few years in that section. I’ll keep you posted. 

You complain more than cals' stereotype of a woman.

Most homes on the market are covered by HOA's. They are viewed essentially the same as local governments, so their rules are law. Like local governments the rules can change over time as the people in charge of running the HOA change. They can actually foreclose on your home for not following their rules.