• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What do you expect from Taylor Ward next year?

Angelsjunky

Who is the real Ward?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. And what to expect in 2023?

• He's a legit star hitter: maybe .300/.370/.550, 150+ wRC+, 5 WAR
    • He's a borderline star, like his overall performance: .280/.360/.470, 135 wRC+, 4 WAR
    • He's a quality regular, but not more: maybe .270/.340/.450, 120 wRC+, 3 WAR
    • 2022 was a total fluke - he's a platoon guy, ala 2020-21: .260/.330/.400, 105 wRC+, 1-2 WAR

15 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

While I agree with both of you, I believe there are several teams out there (of the Pirates/Tigers mold) that would value his upside enough to send back a starter. Not worth arguing though. I think it more likely that he is part of a package with 1-2 other guys. 

While certainly true, I think most would recognize that his value is very low, and thus the return would be low.  Teams won't pay a high acquisition cost for someone who has performed as Adell has, even if he has all the potential in the world.