• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If you could have one free agent, who would it be?

Angelsjunky

If you could only have one free agent  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Whose your guy?

• Judge
    • Correa
    • Turner
    • Swanson
    • Bogaerts
    • DeGrom
    • Rodon
    • Contreras
    • Nimmo
    • Verlander
    • Benintendi
    • Taillon
    • Walker
    • Other mid-tier free agent (mention in comments)
    • No major free agents, just bits and pieces

Nimmo

I'd say Turner, but he's going to be very expensive, (like $30m/year expensive - and there's the whole Ohtani extension to consider) - and if we can only have "1", we need to fill the hole in LF more than we need a SS.

Rodon would give us a formidable rotation so could see that, too - but again, the rule is only "1" so, still, Nimmo

Contreras, same thing 

Kenley Jansen.

I like the foundation of the rotation. I have a feeling Lorenzen returns, and they add one more low/mid FA SP.

The offense badly needs two significant pieces, but I don’t think they need one of the top names. Conforto, Drury, Duvall, Gallo, Santana, Andrus…there’s a ton of names out there that I feel can offer good production without breaking the bank. We have the star power already, we just need to lift the floor in a big way.

But I think dealing Iglesias has a big chance at coming back to bite us. It was good to shed that money. Jansen should not cost anywhere close to that, and could offer similar production. We need a strong closer and I don’t trust anyone in the org to take it and run with it. Jansen might be affordable and reliable enough to fill that need, so he’s my vote. Without addressing closer, I could easily see the 2023 team having the offense and rotation click - but trouble at the back of the pen much like we went through honestly after K-Rod and subsequent years.

Edited by totdprods

Given the likely contracts for the tup four or five guys on that list--something like 7-10 years, $30-40M AAV, depending upon the player, I just can't swallow the idea of another mega deal until the Angels improve in other areas: the farm and depth, namely.

So my top free agent choice would one of Michaels Conforto or Brantley...either would be a solid one-year option for the OF, with Moniak as the 4th outfielder and Adell in AAA.