• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Sorry, mostly just read here.
so Chapman allegedly shot at and chocked his girlfriend.  
Bauer beat up a sexual partner. 
both guys are probably pieces of shit. Not sure why Chapman is seen better in the public eye. Fists are worse than guns?   Maybe it was just his situation, new contract, SP etc that made this a bigger deal at the time?  Seems like they should both be in the same spot.  
Chapman has made plenty of money since his situation.  
bauer will do the same.  
I would take him on a 1-year deal.  He will probably want more. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Latimer said:

Sorry, mostly just read here.
so Chapman allegedly shot at and chocked his girlfriend.  
Bauer beat up a sexual partner. 
both guys are probably pieces of shit. Not sure why Chapman is seen better in the public eye. Fists are worse than guns?   Maybe it was just his situation, new contract, SP etc that made this a bigger deal at the time?  Seems like they should both be in the same spot.  
Chapman has made plenty of money since his situation.  
bauer will do the same.  
I would take him on a 1-year deal.  He will probably want more. 

Quite honestly, a big factor is probably just the time.  Chapman committed his transgressions prior to the MeToo movement gaining steam.  I think if Chapman had done that at the same time Bauer did, he probably would have faced a similar punishment as Bauer.

Chapman's transgressions did not gain the same level of attention as Bauer's.  Chapman's seem somewhat forgotten, but I highly doubt Bauer's situation will be forgotten.

7 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Quite honestly, a big factor is probably just the time.  Chapman committed his transgressions prior to the MeToo movement gaining steam.  I think if Chapman had done that at the same time Bauer did, he probably would have faced a similar punishment as Bauer.

Yea. I get that. Kind of messed up, but I get it.  

7 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

I feel like the difference is the photos and the victim's cooperation. Everyone saw the photos of Bauer's victim and she cooperated. Her statements were out there.

Chapman's victim did not cooperate so he was not charged.

I’m not even sure Bauer had a victim 

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

All of this said though, given Arte is in the process of selling the team, I doubt he would want to add Bauer at this time, when you factor in PR issues, Bauer's legal battles against the MLB for his suspension, and so on.  Likely he will just steer clear of it instead.

oh it's almost guaranteed they won't go near the guy.  I can't see Minasian going after someone like him even without the recent baggage.  

3 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I don't seem him wanting to sign with us, even if we were interested. He'll have offers, and he won't want to be in a six man rotation because it doesn't maximize his value. 

I would think a 6 man rotation would be ideal for him considering he hasn't pitched in so long

40 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I would think a 6 man rotation would be ideal for him considering he hasn't pitched in so long

at one point he said he wanted to pitch every 4th day prior to signing with the dogs.  plus, he was in the middle of the pine tar thing where he claimed he wouldn't use it because he had morals.  Then he started a movement to convince mlb to legalize it.  All the while proclaiming that he'd been researching and investigating on how to increase spin rate for years and his conclusion was that you can't without pine tar.  Then his spin rate magically went up.  Then mlb banned the substances and it went down again.  Anyway, the guy is a hot mess.  A very good pitcher, but a hot mess.  

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He got the opt out, no surprise there.

Basically, I view this deal as the Giants trying to make amends with Boras.  That's a great deal for Conforto.  Giants basically saying "our bad, here's a great deal for your other client, let's forget about that whole Correa thing."

2 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

2 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Giants doing some last minute Christmas shopping it seems since they have all this spare $$$ left over!

That's a rather large contract for Rogers.

This is a reminder, though, that it is always easier to recover from a missed deal than it is to recover from giving out an albatross contracts that you can't trade.

38 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

Guys like these are perfect as an inexpensive 4th OF. I hope we continue to see signings like this to bolster depth and the AAA roster.

As much as I would love an established bat as a 4th OF, the remaining budget should be focused on another SP and RP.

Well, he is actually a 3B/1B, not an OF.  But the point is valid.  I think the guy we just got from the A's is a good example of trying to fill the 4th OF spot.  This guy should be helpful in terms of helping our dreadful 3B/1B depth.  

Lamb and Padlo will both likely not be significant players, but it is an improvement over our previous depth at those positions in AAA.  So that club should probably see Lamb, Padlo, and Maitan occupying the 3B/1B spots.