• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

From someone who has it…yes. It has very little effect while hitting. It flares up after extended periods of throwing. The feeling doesn’t linger. The blood flow returns. The biggest issue with it is the dead arm and It makes you feel like your arm weighs a ton. After about 5 minutes it’s just tingling in your shoulder and your fingers. The effect isn’t enough to prevent you from gripping a bat. 

I have it bad enough to be scheduled for surgery for it. It was delayed by the birth of my first kid. 2 months of PT and you’re good to go. 

Was yours arterial, venous, or neurogenic (most common), -- what's Walsh's?  Reading up on the issue years ago it seems there are varying symptoms/complications based on the type of TOS. 

During your battle with TOS, how often did you try to bat off MLB pitching?? How many hours did you spend taking BP, did the BP or any of the other baseball activities become more difficult at all or aggravate the condition any?  Was it Walsh's left or right shoulder?  Would lifting his arm to catch the ball or using the other arm to throw it be an issue at all. 

Do you really think your experience with TOS could be considered comparable to that of a professional athlete?

Of MLB Trade Rumors' top 50 free agents, here are the ones who remain unsigned:

23. Nathan Eovaldi

24. Taylor Rogers

25. J.D. Martinez

33. Jurickson Profar

37. Brandon Drury

39. Andrew Chafin

40. Jean Segura

41. Michael Wacha

43. Michael Brantley

44. Michael Conforto

45. Adam Ottavino

47. Justin Turner

48. Corey Kluber

50. Drew Rucinski

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Was yours arterial, venous, or neurogenic (most common), -- what's Walsh's?  Reading up on the issue years ago it seems there are varying symptoms/complications based on the type of TOS. 

During your battle with TOS, how often did you try to bat off MLB pitching?? How many hours did you spend taking BP, did the BP or any of the other baseball activities become more difficult at all or aggravate the condition any?  Was it Walsh's left or right shoulder?  Would lifting his arm to catch the ball or using the other arm to throw it be an issue at all. 

Do you really think your experience with TOS could be considered comparable to that of a professional athletes?

Mine is neurogenic. 

clearly I am not a professional athlete with that type of regimen. I don’t know the details of his and I would have a hard time thinking it’s his non throwing shoulder. The issue compounds itself while throwing. Overhand motion and the buildup of the pectoral muscle will definitely cause flare ups. 

no, extending to catch the ball would not be effected. 

other than the tingling in the fingers, the act of swinging a bat is predominantly done with the legs, hips and core. The opening where TOS is located moves very little other than the extension when bringing the arms through. If people want to give his shitty season an out that’s on them. I don’t buy it.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Of MLB Trade Rumors' top 50 free agents, here are the ones who remain unsigned:

23. Nathan Eovaldi

24. Taylor Rogers

25. J.D. Martinez

33. Jurickson Profar

37. Brandon Drury

39. Andrew Chafin

40. Jean Segura

41. Michael Wacha

43. Michael Brantley

44. Michael Conforto

45. Adam Ottavino

47. Justin Turner

48. Corey Kluber

50. Drew Rucinski

Surprised Rucinski still there

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

There’s a reason that there are doctors who specialize in various parts of the body and diseases. But I’m sure doc is an expert in everything. 

And I’m sure Doc’s opinion on this holds more value to other doctors than your personal experience. 

30 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

there's nothing to argue.  You're just not correct.  

What is your medical specialty in? Are you general practice? 

Please explain to me how he managed to make an all star team in 2021 with the same issue? TOC doesn’t just appear out of nowhere. He’s likely had it since his early teens. 

my guess is that he stopped pitching because of it and managed the discomfort through various workouts. 

Regarding Walsh and the TOS, I work as a PT and anytime you are dealing with neurological symptoms, those symptoms are always different with each person. If the symptoms get bad enough it would absolutely be an issue swinging a bat. We just don’t know how bad the symptoms were for Walsh. It is all speculation on our parts and I am willing to take his word on it.

To me, Brandon Drury is maybe their best option left in free agency.  If they can get him on a 2 or 3 year deal they’ll figure out a way to make him fit in the line up.  They can stick him at 2nd if things are fine with Rendon and Walsh.  Things probably won’t be fine with both of them.  He’s a reasonable major league bat.  Lack of these remains the Angels biggest immediate problem. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

There was speculation early in the off-season that the Angels might make a big signing or otherwise fully commit to winning this year in hopes of getting Ohtani to stay.  Off course all this with the team for sale and no info on salary spending limits.  Minasian hasn’t gone crazy FA dollar wise and may make another signing.

But I’m interested to see what more he’s willing to do by trade.