• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Can you imagine if you were a Giants fan, and already had a Correa jersey made for your Christmas gift?

Oof, what an offseason they had.  Allegedly had won the Judge sweepstakes, then found out they didn't.  Actually won the Correa sweepstakes, then someone reneged on the deal and no longer.  Clearly 3rd best team in their division and no star to pivot to.

Maybe they will go all in on Ohtani next year, but unless they absolutely blow out everyone, which seems unlikely, I don't think he'd sign there.

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Oof, what an offseason they had.  Allegedly had won the Judge sweepstakes, then found out they didn't.  Actually won the Correa sweepstakes, then someone reneged on the deal and no longer.  Clearly 3rd best team in their division and no star to pivot to.

Maybe they will go all in on Ohtani next year, but unless they absolutely blow out everyone, which seems unlikely, I don't think he'd sign there.

If he wants to win, we are in a much better place than the Giants. Cant say that about many teams that will be strong contenders for his services.

Angels Fan

4:33

Do you see us picking up another SP? Who do you like for us?

Anthony Franco

4:34

Could probably use one more depth starter if they're going back to the six-man rotation. Doubt it's Eovaldi but a Kluber or Greinke type to soak up league average innings makes sense.

Perry Minasian

4:36

What's Amed Rosario going to cost me?

Anthony Franco

4:36

This question was about the Angels but I'll take it more generally.

Don't think Rosario has huge trade appeal and a couple mid-tier prospects probably matches up from a value perspective, but I'm not sure it'll move the needle enough for Cleveland to bother

Rosario seems well-liked there and he's a fine if unexciting everyday player. If they're not under much pressure to reallocate his arbitration salary, probably behooves them just to hold him.

Sparky Griswold

4:44

Thankful for these chats... most improved teams from this offseason?  Least improved?

Anthony Franco

4:45

Texas and the Angels both got markedly better in my view. Tough offseason for Minnesota, though they're not done.

Curt

4:53

Are you surprised Drury didn't get more?

Anthony Franco

4:53

Not really. He feels like a slightly worse version of Eduardo Escobar, who got 2/20 last year. Think it was fair value.

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Seems like an intriguing name available now, although I am guessing there's a good chance that a worse team will put in their claim before us.

I’d be shocked if he gets claimed on waivers, as I think some team will trade a non 40-man prospect for him while he’s in DFA limbo, similar to what the Dodgers did when the Rays DFA’d Feyereisen a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Trendon

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I’d be shocked if he gets claimed on waivers, as I think some team will trade a non 40-man prospect for him while he’s in DFA limbo, similar to what the Dodgers did when the Rays DFA’d Feyereisen a couple weeks ago.

Ah you know, my bad, I wasn't positive on how the process unfolds exactly.  Yeah, that would make sense then.

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Ah you know, my bad, I wasn't positive on how the process unfolds exactly.  Yeah, that would make sense then.

But I do get your sentiment, that he’s gonna be in demand which likely makes it more difficult for the Angels to acquire him.

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

While Luetge had a 2.67 ERA and 3.02 FIP in 2022, he also had a 1.40 WHIP.

Seeks like maybe allowed too many inherited runners to score?

I think he's a pretty decent reliever, but he has a few things working against him - lack of options, age (35), and years of service (4).  Might not be worth it to the Yankees to keep, but for us, he's probably a better reliever than a few of the guys currently slated to make the bullpen and would make for an upgrade.  I'd probably float a very low level type 35 FV+ type prospect, but not much more beyond that.

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think he's a pretty decent reliever, but he has a few things working against him - lack of options, age (35), and years of service (4).  Might not be worth it to the Yankees to keep, but for us, he's probably a better reliever than a few of the guys currently slated to make the bullpen and would make for an upgrade.  I'd probably float a very low level type 35 FV+ type prospect, but not much more beyond that.

Halos would also have to DFA someone off 40-man roster.