• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

In an ideal world, that sounds reasonable.  That said, given the nature of this game, I would expect to see him play positions probably moreso in pulses - i.e., I expect Rendon will get hurt and miss some time, upon which he'll play a lot of 3B.  I expect Walsh will probably miss time, and same thing will occur over there, and so on.  I don't really expect to see him too much at short, but it's certainly at least one possibility out there amongst many.

Yep, but until those injuries happen, and injuries will happen, he will see a utility role and I could see it being similar to what I proposed.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I dont know anything about his arm, but how can a guy lose that much arm strength at 30? Was he barely making it at 25?

From The Athletic...

After coming to Boston on a six-year, $140 million contract, Story played just 94 games last year after missing about six weeks with a fractured hand/wrist when he was hit by a pitch in mid-July. When he returned in late August, a heel contusion hampered him again.

But the injuries aren’t the biggest concern surrounding moving him to short. It’s Story’s arm strength that’s at issue. According to Statcast, the 30-year-old Story threw at 79.1 mph in 2021 from shortstop while with the Rockies, 52nd of 58 shortstops with a minimum of 100 throws that season. He also missed time that year with elbow inflammation. Last year, upon moving to second base, Story’s average velocity on throws dipped to 76.1 mph, 61st among 70 qualified players.

Just now, T.G. said:

From The Athletic...

After coming to Boston on a six-year, $140 million contract, Story played just 94 games last year after missing about six weeks with a fractured hand/wrist when he was hit by a pitch in mid-July. When he returned in late August, a heel contusion hampered him again.

But the injuries aren’t the biggest concern surrounding moving him to short. It’s Story’s arm strength that’s at issue. According to Statcast, the 30-year-old Story threw at 79.1 mph in 2021 from shortstop while with the Rockies, 52nd of 58 shortstops with a minimum of 100 throws that season. He also missed time that year with elbow inflammation. Last year, upon moving to second base, Story’s average velocity on throws dipped to 76.1 mph, 61st among 70 qualified players.

So he's breaking down at 29 years old? I'd suspect the elbow is the main issue here. They always say elbow but it roams all over the place so it could be as simple as tendinitis or as severe as a UCL. I can't imagine hes breaking down from a muscular standpoint. Father time is undefeated but that seems crazy early. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I saw a tweet that says the Red Sox are heavily involved with Segura, but that other teams are involved too. I'd take Segura in two seconds flat at this AAV. 

Segura hit to a .723 OPS in part time duty last year for the Phillies, and a .784 the year before.

I don’t trust that account.

A reporter who covers the Red Sox for an actual newspaper discredited a report from that account a few weeks ago (I can’t remember what it was), but I’ve also seem from Red Sox fans that the account is kinda sus.

9 hours ago, wopphil said:

Disagree. He is a good player. He had a great season last year, is young, and doesn’t cost much. Assuming he stays healthy, he is a likely QO candidate. Realistically, I think he costs something like Bush and Paris to acquire. Or maybe Bush and one of the lower level, but more highly regarded MI guys in our system. 

With one year remaining under team control and a less than stellar reputation as a defender.. his value is somewhat reduced.. If Ky Bush was offered, I personally would be okay with the deal you've outlined... Kyren Paris carrying his bags would be ho-hum. A catcher would be better....

I just don't think the Angels would agree with that deal. There are only so many 6'6" LHP's that have Bush's repertoire, and not many more that are wearing halo unis.. 

5 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

If it hadn’t been for 1B/OF Connor Joe

I’d been married long time ago

Where did you come from (Colorado)

Where did you go (Pittsburgh)

Where did you come from 1B/OF Connor Joe (Once again, Colorado)

connor joe reminds me of former angels farmhand hank conger. the first time i saw hank i was like, hank conger?