• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

9 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Try it this way instead: We're also over $10 million more in spending than the team was going to spend last year before the trade deadline sale, and still looking to spend more per all reports. 

Perry has made some good moves. His job is not done needs to finish it. Still not close to lux tax and even if halos go over it tax will not be much.

30 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Perry has made some good moves. His job is not done needs to finish it. Still not close to lux tax and even if halos go over it tax will not be much.

Dude, you haven't the faintest idea how much they'll spend, and neither do I. What we do know is that they were allegedly willing to spend another $15 million on a catcher, which suggests the budget will stretch at least that far. Beyond that, we have no idea at all. 

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Dude, you haven't the faintest idea how much they'll spend, and neither do I. What we do know is that they were allegedly willing to spend another $15 million on a catcher, which suggests the budget will stretch at least that far. Beyond that, we have no idea at all. 

You are right I have no idea how much halos will spend. I do know that this team needs to do more if it wants a chance at playoffs

2 hours ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Just for the hell of it!

Start the tweet with someone who Rosenthal already reported the Angels have interest in, and throw a bunch of darts at the end of the tweet.

Now, he could very well be right, but it's also easy to see how someone could make a tweet like this up.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Important to keep in mind, the aggression the Angels have shown in free agency under Minasian, even going back a couple of years, is filled with short term contracts. 

Correa would require a long term deal. 

Not saying Minasian is following this strategy, but a potential strategy for a GM to employ would be to wait to make the long-term deal until you're nearing the end of your contract.

That way, you don't have to deal with a long-term deal for the beginning of your tenure, then you go for it, and it's the next GM's problem if it becomes a problem. Or, if it works out, maybe you keep your job.

Edited by Trendon

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Start the tweet with someone who Rosenthal already reported the Angels have interest in, and throw a bunch of darts at the end of the tweet.

Now, he could very well be right, but it's also easy to see how someone could make a tweet like this up.

Sadly people are so desperate for a scoop they don't care.  And that's why these accounts get circulated in the first place.  It's seriously cringeworthy but it is what it is

14 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Agreed, watch this

My sources just told me after missing out on Confreres Angels have begun conversations with Gary Sanchez. Still developing.

I could be a fake twitter reporter! 

25 minutes ago, mmc said:

Sadly people are so desperate for a scoop they don't care.  And that's why these accounts get circulated in the first place.  It's seriously cringeworthy but it is what it is

It's gotten worse the last couple of offseasons, to the point where you can't trust anyone outside of team reporters and news breakers.

Some of the people outside of those two categories may have valid info, but it's too hard to separate those people out.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

It's gotten worse the last couple of offseasons, to the point where you can't trust anyone outside of team reporters and news breakers.

Some of the people outside of those two categories may have valid info, but it's too hard to separate those people out.

I'm outraged.

6 hours ago, Hubs said:

Do you really want to give Rengifo the everyday job at 2B with his sub .300 OBP?

I get that it's tainted by his June. But his August and Sept were also poor in regards to OBP.

I say a Platoon works best there. Ride the hot bat.

If he bats say 7th, after Ward, Trout, Ohtani, Rendon, Renfroe, and Walsh/Urshela, is that OBP so bad?

Maybe he works on it in the off-season?

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If he bats say 7th, after Ward, Trout, Ohtani, Rendon, Renfroe, and Walsh/Urshela, is that OBP so bad?

Maybe he works on it in the off-season?

Very few teams are absolutely stacked 1-9.  Rengifo showed pretty good pop last year, and his minor league track record indicates we can possibly hope for some OBP improvement next year.