• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

TWENTY YEARS AGO Today

Hubs

for game 6 i was singing in orange county, not too far from the stadium. i came very close to just driving into the parking lot and seeing if i could just walk in and stand around to watch the last couple of innings, but i balied on that idea. 

erstad homered while i was driving home on the freeway, and i started yelling and honking my horn. i got home just in time to see glaus double and see bonds wave his glove in futility as that beautiful ball rolled to the wall and we took the lead.

i tried hard to go to game 7, but i just couldn't afford it at the time. watched at home with my wife and baby daughter, and enjoyed all the emotions that came with seeing your team finally win a championship.

i hope i don't have to wait another 43 years to see another WS win.

Watched it with a big group of friends. Couldn't believe it was happening. Gives me shivers still. They lived a couple miles from the stadium and we could hear the thunder sticks from the front yard.

My mom pulled me out of school as a surprise to go to the parade a couple days later, had a brand new Angels hat and a Angels flag in the car, one of the greatest things she ever did for me.

Was so glad guys like Percival, Salmon and Anderson got their ring. Just great memories all around.

This was at the tail end of my first stint in Saudi. I'd already sold my big tv so I was up at 2:30 in the morning watching on the 25 inch house set. When Dusty let Ortiz walk away with the game ball and brought out his version of FRod for the 6th consecutive game I had a pretty good feeling they'd score some runs.

My favorite play of the whole series was watching RoboBonds try to chase down GA's blooper then try to pick it up and make a throw. If Dusty really wanted to win a WS he'd have DH'd Bonds those last 2 games and let any of Dunston, Goodwin, or Shinzo play LF

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

This was at the tail end of my first stint in Saudi. I'd already sold my big tv so I was up at 2:30 in the morning watching on the 25 inch house set. When Dusty let Ortiz walk away with the game ball and brought out his version of FRod for the 6th consecutive game I had a pretty good feeling they'd score some runs.

My favorite play of the whole series was watching RoboBonds try to chase down GA's blooper then try to pick it up and make a throw. If Dusty really wanted to win a WS he'd have DH'd Bonds those last 2 games and let any of Dunston, Goodwin, or Shinzo play LF

This and game 1 last night are why Baker has never won a WS ring.

I watched game 6 on TV, having just returned from a conference. I never felt like that particular team was ever out of a game…

The next morning, I woke up humming “Take me out to the ball game” and my wife says… “If you can find tickets, let’s go…”

I found tickets through an agency, paid for them at the store and then had to meet a guy in a hotel, call him from the lobby and he came down from his room. It felt like we were doing a drug deal (although a drug deal would probably have been cheaper).

I will never forget that feeling of finally seeing my favorite team win it all. I’m content with seeing them win once in my lifetime and feel blessed to have been there. Winning another one would be awesome, but I know winning is hard and winning it all is even harder.

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years.

7 hours ago, cals said:

All that matters is that he’s ashamed of baseball for no American black players on either team.

As manager of the Asstros for the last 3 years he probably should have done something about it. 

2 hours ago, cals said:

I ran into Eddie Money at LAX on my way to Cabo for my bachelor party weekend.  My buddy asked him to join us but he said he had to go to Detroit.

He had One Ticket To Hell.

Thank U GIF by Travis

On 10/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, mypillow.com said:

I get chills every time I watch this. It meant so much as a fan, especially after everything that came before it. The feeling I had after this and the subsequent game is what makes me happy for any of my friends/acquaintances that root for a long suffering team and see them win it all. This applies even to teams I hate. Fuck the Mariners, but once they actually win it all I’ll be super happy for their asshole fans like @Ender and @cez. It will be well deserved and will bring them joy.

I just want one win before I die. I'm turning 40 in December.

I hope that gives them enough time. One win is enough to make me happy. No need to be greedy. 

On 10/29/2022 at 6:53 AM, T.G. said:

I found tickets through an agency, paid for them at the store and then had to meet a guy in a hotel, call him from the lobby and he came down from his room. It felt like we were doing a drug deal (although a drug deal would probably have been cheaper).

That was your first introduction to Adam too?