• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 World Series Championship Thread: Phillies vs. Astros

Chuck

8 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes 100%.  Nobody threw a no-hitter.  A team got no hits against a bunch of different pitchers.  Not the same.

The entire impressive nature of somebody throwing a no-hitter is that they lasted a full game and nobody got a hit against them despite the fact that they got three plate appearances against the same pitcher.

It is a fact that pitchers tire as the game goes on, and it is also a fact that hitters make adjustments against them from at bat to at bat.  This is why throwing a no-hitter is so hard.  You have to get these hitters out for a third time late in the game when you are fatigued.

A combined no-hitter is entirely different.  

It’s a novelty that you notice, yes.  But it’s about as impressive as a left fielder getting a homer and a single through half the game and then the replacement left fielder gets a double and a triple.  Combined cycle!!!!!

Yes, the Phillies got no hits and all the Astros pitchers looked good.

But sorry, I can’t talk about a combined no-hitter in the same context as actual one pitcher no-hitters.  One is a novelty and one is special. 

Yes, we know.

7 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Even though the games seem to have been entertaining, I just can't get into this series for whatever reason.  

For me it’s because neither team is all that interesting to me.

28 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I forgot the game was even on last night until my phone started pinging me with notifications of “no-hitter through 7” and “history in the making”. . . 
So I quickly tuned in, but then realized it was a combined no-hitter, rolled my eyes, and went back to the program my wife was watching.

The Bachelor? Real Housewives?

6 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I've been feeling the same way. For me, I think it might be related to the long layoff between the league championship series and the World Series, combined with the two-day gap due to the rainout. Those factors sapped it of some urgency and momentum. 

I literally said the same thing.  just a total buzz kill of whatever weak buzz I had.