• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 World Series Championship Thread: Phillies vs. Astros

Chuck

Marsh...

Crazy how things work out. He sputtered along here for a bit, not doing much. Didn't show a whole lot this year. 

Gets traded to a 3rd place team, and is playing in the WS now. 

It's crazy how things like that happen. If the Angels hadn't collapsed in June, he wouldn't be there right now. He hit a HR in the World Series because we needed a C and we were out of the race. 

Talk about getting lucky, and best case scenarios.

Ohtani and Trout have no Post Season homers, for example. And I don't mean that to shit on the team, those two guys or anything like that. Just how crazy that scenario all played out. 

It's a funny game.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Seriously, extreme home run games are boring as hell. No strategies, tension, base path action, pitcher/catcher base runner distractions. Moving of runners, fielders tested and so on. Might as well let Albert play another five years because he represents what they want from batters in today's game. 

Oh FFS, either enjoy watching a World Series game or shut it off and quit whining. The Phillies manufactured plenty of runs in game 1, this game they lit up the Ass-tros pitchers. There is plenty of enjoyment in both games. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Marsh...

Crazy how things work out. He sputtered along here for a bit, not doing much. Didn't show a whole lot this year. 

It's crazy how things like that happen. If the Angels hadn't collapsed in June, he wouldn't be there right now. He hit a HR in the World Series because we needed a C and we were out of the race. 

Ohtani and Trout have no Post Season homers, for example. And I don't mean that to shit on the team, those two guys or anything like that. Just how crazy that scenario all played out. 

It's a funny game.

I agree.  Let’s hope our owner lottery comes up a winner so Trout gets a chance.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

AO- What do you suppose happens to Thaiss, he’s paid his dues.

It’s a tough call.    They already have Walsh as a LHH 1B, need a RHH guy against the tougher lefties.

Thaiss will likely start 2023 as the 2nd catcher with Stassi, unless O’Hoppe is ready from the start.   Then Thaiss’ options here are limited.

14 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Marsh...

It's a funny game.

Good for Marsh. I was bummed to see him go, I liked his play in the outfield it's too bad he couldn't figure it out with the bat while with us. Probably a little bittersweet for him because he seemed to love playing with Trout and Ohtani, but what a blessing in disguise for him. 

Sometimes things like that happen in baseball.

Consider what happened to Joc Pederson. Won a ring with the doyers, got traded to the Braves then won another one the very next year. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just saw a blurb about Pat Hoberg’s perfect ball/strike calls in game 2.

The anti-CB Bucknor

Effectively Wild, one of the Fangraphs podcasts covers this perfect game, perfectly.  “Ben Lindbergh and Meg Rowley banter about umpire Pat Hoberg’s unprecedented “perfect game” behind the plate in Game 2 of the World Series.”

Edited by Revad

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

Consider what happened to Joc Pederson. Won a ring with the doyers, got traded to the Braves then won another one the very next year. 

Exactly. It's crazy how you can do all the work, and just never be put in that position. Meanwhile, everyone from true stars to journeyman players can end up in the history books, for something totally out of their hands. Like being traded. 

And like I said, it's crazy that if the Angels had simply been .500 at the deadline, Marsh would be home right now (if the Angels still missed the playoffs). And OHoppe maybe gets called up or something like that.

Or imagine if the Phills wanted Adell instead.

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And like I said, it's crazy that if the Angels had simply been .500 at the deadline, Marsh would be home right now (if the Angels still missed the playoffs). And OHoppe maybe gets called up or something like that.

Or imagine if the Phills wanted Adell instead.

don't tease.