• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 World Series Championship Thread: Phillies vs. Astros

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Repeating something I said in another thread, it would be very good for baseball for Bryce Harper to absolutely dominate in the World Series leading the Phillies to a ring.

It would make baseball better.  It would also lead to more conversations about Trout never being in the playoffs, but yes, having Harper dominate in a World Series would be great for baseball.

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It would make baseball better.  It would also lead to more conversations about Trout never being in the playoffs, but yes, having Harper dominate in a World Series would be great for baseball.

You are right.  But I wholly reject the constant direct comparison of the two players.  Other than coming into the league at about the same time, why compare them?

And people are going to talk about Trout’s postseason record no matter what, until something changes.  It really has nothing to do with Harper.

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You are right.  But I wholly reject the constant direct comparison of the two players.  Other than coming into the league at about the same time, why compare them?

And people are going to talk about Trout’s postseason record no matter what, until something changes.  It really has nothing to do with Harper.

I don’t compare them.  

No US-born Black players on expected World Series rosters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-black-players-expected-world-160426483.html

For the first time since 1950, shortly after Jackie Robinson broke the Major League Baseball color barrier, there project to be no U.S.-born Black players in this World Series.

Zero.

“That is eye opening,” said Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City, Missouri. “It is somewhat startling that two cities that have high African American populations, there's not a single Black player.”

“It lets us know there's obviously a lot of work to be done to create opportunities for Black kids to pursue their dream at the highest level,” he said.

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

No US-born Black players on expected World Series rosters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-black-players-expected-world-160426483.html

For the first time since 1950, shortly after Jackie Robinson broke the Major League Baseball color barrier, there project to be no U.S.-born Black players in this World Series.

Zero.

“That is eye opening,” said Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City, Missouri. “It is somewhat startling that two cities that have high African American populations, there's not a single Black player.”

“It lets us know there's obviously a lot of work to be done to create opportunities for Black kids to pursue their dream at the highest level,” he said.

This always drives me nuts. Having grown up playing hockey they did the same thing there, too. Like there is some issue with the sport or people that run the sport, when in reality most blacks kids don't give a shit about baseball or hockey. They prefer basketball and football, and there is nothing wrong with that.

So no Bob, it's not startling.

Not only that, but he says "two cities with high African American populations" like all players are just home grown at birth opposed to drafted and cultivated through the baseball system.

I'll get off my soap box. Everything just isn't race or racial. It's the equivalent of people thinking shitty tv shows with shitty reviews have a race correlation.

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

This always drives me nuts. Having grown up playing hockey they did the same thing there, too. Like there is some issue with the sport or people that run the sport, when in reality most blacks kids don't give a shit about baseball or hockey. They prefer basketball and football, and there is nothing wrong with that.

So no Bob, it's not startling.

Not only that, but he says "two cities with high African American populations" like all players are just home grown at birth opposed to drafted and cultivated through the baseball system.

I'll get off my soap box. Everything just isn't race or racial. It's the equivalent of people thinking shitty tv shows with shitty reviews have a race correlation.

Nail on head.

It's a coincidence... it's not anything more than that.

How many Mexicans were in the NBA finals last year? Asians? 

Who was the last Indian All-Star?

Like you said... baseball isn't a huge interest in the black community anymore.... that's not a bad or a good thing. It's almost like the Olympics.... you recognize the high talent level, but don't really care.