• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Son of former Angels Special Assistant to the GM Marcel Lachemann speaks out on Angels Organization

BTH

Bret Lachemann, son of Marcel Lachemann, has some interesting tweets on his Twitter account. Marcel Lachemann resigned from his position as Special Assistant to the GM at the end of the season.

"[Tamin] is running the ship,"

"Half of the [pitching] staff isn't allowed to shake [off] pitches,"

"[The] Angels [took] scouts, rovers, and some other staff off the road for [the] rest of the year to save mone[y]"

Some of this stuff is interesting, but I don't know how it compares to what other teams in MLB do.

If the smart organizations (TB, LAD, ATL, HOU, etc.) have their catchers primarily call games and are run by their head analytics executive, then I have no problem with the Angels doing that.

The stuff about Arte cutting off travel to save $$$ is not surprising, and I wonder if he primarily did it because he stopped wanting to invest in those minor aspects (in his view) once he knew he was putting the team up for sale.

6 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

“. Also half of the staff isn’t allowed to shake pitches.”

Hmmmm, I wonder what half of the staff IS allowed to shake off pitches?

The majority is probably veterans.

Bradley (when healthy), Lorenzen, Loup, Tepera, and Ohtani. Syndergaard when he was on the team. Maybe Detmers, Herget, Sandoval, Suarez, and Quijada earned the team's trust as the year progressed.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

No idea, but it seems like a random thing to make up.

If scouts were pulled off the road, it’s not unreasonable to think that the son of an Angels (de facto) scout would know that.

But not know how to spell "Arte."

Bret Lachman is an assistant coach at Cal Poly.  That’s a cool job and all but his exact opinion on what’s going on with the Angels because of his last name seems kind of silly.

I don’t think the general fan base isn’t aware that the Angels have some issues to be addressed.  So am I supposed to be enlightened and intrigued by some assistant coach at Cal Poly saying something along the lines of what everybody already knows?

People wonder exactly why many fans think Sam Blum is a useless dolt.

”Breaking news:  Step daughter of a former Phillips Morris employee says the company may have misrepresented the health dangers of smoking.”

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Bret Lachman is an assistant coach at Cal Poly.  That’s a cool job and all but his exact opinion on what’s going on with the Angels because of his last name seems kind of silly.

I don’t think the general fan base isn’t aware that the Angels have some issues to be addressed.  So am I supposed to be enlightened and intrigued by some assistant coach at Cal Poly saying something along the lines of what everybody already knows?

People wonder exactly why many fans think Sam Blum is a useless dolt.

”Breaking news:  Step daughter of a former Phillips Morris employee says the company may have misrepresented the health dangers of smoking.”

Blum didn't solicit Lachemann's opinion or comment on his thoughts.  Lachemann randomly replied to one of his tweets.  Not sure why you're once again slamming him here.