• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani to AP in a Japanese interview: “I have a rather negative impression of the season”

mmc

Well, nothing really new here. I would be very surprised if Shohei signed long-term with the Angels if they aren't competitive in 2023 (by this I mean still in the playoff hunt in September). If they do make the playoffs, I think staying would be his first choice.

So it really comes down to how the Angels do in 2023. He knows a team like the Yankees or Dodgers will equal or exceed anything the Angels offer him. He's going to get ~$45M AAV, regardless of where he plays. But he wants to play on a winner, so will leave if the Angels don't win. Simple enough, and quite understandable.

I would also be very surprised if the Angels traded him this offseason. Arte knows the org is much sexier with him on the roster than without, and will not let Perry trade him until he has a check made out for $2-3B in his hand. A new owner might trade him if they want to rebuild, but chances are that won't be finalized until deep in the offseason, and just seems unlikely. I mean, imagine the first thing you do as the new owner in a new era of Angels baseball is trade not only the best player in baseball, but the most historically rare player in the history of the game. Not a great way to win over fans and sell season tickets.

Anyhow, I feel like I've written half a dozen variants of the above over the last half a year. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

5 hours ago, T.G. said:

I miss Victor!

I appreciate him shooting his shot with Arte to try and get hired as GM, but:

1. I doubt he would have been able to take this team where it needs to go.

2. I wish he was still the Angels Play-by-Play announcer.

I think all of us have a rather negative impression on this season. I'm glad Ohtani isn't happy with the way the things turned out. This is just spun to make it look like Ohtani doesn't want to be here as the sports media doesn't want him to stay with the Angels. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

I think all of us have a rather negative impression on this season. I'm glad Ohtani isn't happy with the way the things turned out. This is just spun to make it look like Ohtani doesn't want to be here as the sports media doesn't want him to stay with the Angels. 

Well, it's not that they don't want him to stay with the Angels, exactly; most every one of these stories barely hide the raging hard-on the commentator have on getting Ohtani on "their" favorite team, and the only way that happens next season is a trade. 

We're going to have to listen to it every single damn day next season, about, how we're "wasting his prime" and boy, wouldn't he look great in pinstripes and have that short porch in RF?    

Just like Trout, until he signed.  

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

In N Out is so good. 

People bitch and moan about the fries but I love them. They're real fries. That's what you get with real fries. 

And that pink lemonade...squeeze some fresh lemons in there...good gawd...

I’m gonna stick around this thread to see if @Stradlinggives this post a like.

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

In N Out is so good. 

People bitch and moan about the fries but I love them. They're real fries. That's what you get with real fries. 

Damn this is your best post on the site. Can’t speak on the lemonade but the fries are legit

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

In N Out is so good. 

Just came back from Belgium - I'm gonna keep a diplomatic silence on "fries"

But say what you will, I wish we had an In N Out near me - there's a lot to be said for simple and fresh everything 

46 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Am I wrong or does In N Out not do fries with the cookout trucks? 

I think the last time I did the In N Out truck they gave me chips and I was like wtf. 

One truck currently does fries. We have built another truck that does fries but it’ll be solely used for charitable events that involve children.