• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022 MLB Postseason Gameday Thread

m0nkey

Freddie Freeman is having a good game tonight.  He's been a pretty consistently solid post-season player.

I'm curious where his career numbers will end up, as he could be a borderline Hall of Fame case.  Assuming he doesn't have any major injuries, he'll likely be at ~65 WAR after his current deal with the Dodgers is over in 5 years, at which point he'll be 38.  (There's a decent chance he'll be well over that, as he's at 50.4 fWAR and 49.0 bWAR already...I'm assuming he'll stay healthy and eventually start a decline in another 2-3 years...But if he has another couple strong years, maybe he's pushing 70 when he's done?).  The average 1B in the Hall of Fame has 65.5 bWAR, but a much higher 7-year peak than Freeman will have.

Again assuming no major injuries and that his performance doesn't fall off a cliff, he'll likely end up with 2,500+ hits, 550+ 2B, ~400 HR, ~1,500 RBI by the end of his Dodgers contract. 

34 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Freddie Freeman is having a good game tonight.  He's been a pretty consistently solid post-season player.

I'm curious where his career numbers will end up, as he could be a borderline Hall of Fame case.  Assuming he doesn't have any major injuries, he'll likely be at ~65 WAR after his current deal with the Dodgers is over in 5 years, at which point he'll be 38.  (There's a decent chance he'll be well over that, as he's at 50.4 fWAR and 49.0 bWAR already...I'm assuming he'll stay healthy and eventually start a decline in another 2-3 years...But if he has another couple strong years, maybe he's pushing 70 when he's done?).  The average 1B in the Hall of Fame has 65.5 bWAR, but a much higher 7-year peak than Freeman will have.

Again assuming no major injuries and that his performance doesn't fall off a cliff, he'll likely end up with 2,500+ hits, 550+ 2B, ~400 HR, ~1,500 RBI by the end of his Dodgers contract. 

we'll see where he ends up with his counting stats that may make him a shoe in. if he gets 3k hits or 500 homeruns, then it's a no brainer. i think if he continues his expected career arc, then it wouldn't surprise anybody if he's right there on the cusp of getting in.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

we'll see where he ends up with his counting stats that may make him a shoe in. if he gets 3k hits or 500 homeruns, then it's a no brainer. i think if he continues his expected career arc, then it wouldn't surprise anybody if he's right there on the cusp of getting in.

He likely won't get to 500 HR, as he's at 292 now.  He's more of a 25 HR, 35 2B a year guy, rather than a consistent 30 HR a year guy.  He'll likely need to play a couple more years beyond his Dodgers contract if he wants to chase some milestones. But he'll likely have very good to great stats across the board and end up as one of the most consistent performers of this era. Hell, if Harold Baines can get into the HOF these days, Freeman probably will have a pretty darn good argument for himself to get in.