• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/24/22) - Angels @ Rays - Mayers starting

mmc

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm sorry, but this team is a total Suck-a-rama.

2 runs in their last 40 innings.

95 losses, definitely. Maybe 100.

About to be 6 runs in first 6 games on road trip

This pathetic bunch make the 1906 Hitless Wonder ChiSox look like the 1927 Yankees at the plate.

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

man fuck this team, nothing has changed since the losing streak, same shitty at bats, same terrible approach, prolly done watching them for the season.

I don’t disagree, but I’m sure you’ll keep watching. This team has too many distractions and drama for them to salvage this season.

21 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Just have to find a way to get more offense in the lineup at C and 1b next year…..pair Stassi with somebody who can hit, and not Suzuki again….not sure what to do at 1b but we can’t go in to the season depending on Walsh….

I don’t know. Stassi is extremely bad defensively, so he’s useless at the moment. I suppose he’s a fine backup, and I hope this season is a fluke. I have a lot O’Hoppe for the future though.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

I don’t know. Stassi is extremely bad defensively, so he’s useless at the moment. I suppose he’s a fine backup, and I hope this season is a fluke. I have a lot O’Hoppe for the future though.

Defense is supposed to be Stassi’s strength…🤷‍♂️….Not sure we can count on O’Hoppe being ready but he might be…

5 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Defense is supposed to be Stassi’s strength…🤷‍♂️….Not sure we can count on O’Hoppe being ready but he might be…

Yeah, he’s still solid at framing pitches, but he was much better defensively prior to this season. Can’t remember the game, but his involvement in that circus 9th inning (I think against SEA) sealed my opinion of him.

And there he goes failing to get the runner out at home.

Not sure how good O’Hoppe is defensively, but you can’t help but be optimistic about him and he’s offensive tear right now.

Edited by failos

Just now, CaliAngel said:

Looks like August 10th against the A'th. His CS is under 20%. 

And Rengifo bobbles the ball to make bringing the infield in moot, and allowing the Rays to tie it by running on contact. 

Yikes. I was relying on the eye test, but I didn’t know his CS percentage is that bad. He’s below average then.

Regifo’s throw wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t bad enough for Stassi to not to get the out. Either way, Siri shouldn’t have been able to to get away with that SB.