• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Can you imagine not wanting a team handed to you by your father?

Let me think, handed a team with managerial issues, payroll issues, stadium issues, lawsuit for wrongful death, not able to secure a land deal or $2.5 billion dollars. I think I'll take the cash and buy season seats. To every team. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Let me think, handed a team with managerial issues, payroll issues, stadium issues, lawsuit for wrongful death, not able to secure a land deal or $2.5 billion dollars. I think I'll take the cash and buy season seats. To every team. 

They're not getting the billions until Arte dies. 

What issues? Payroll? They can set it wherever they want it to be. Managerial? Hire whomever they want. Stadium? They have a deal in place.

They don't HAVE to change anything. They can run the team however they choose. 

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

What issues? Payroll? They can set it wherever they want it to be. Managerial? Hire whomever they want. Stadium? They have a deal in place.

Or they could do what Daddy hasn't done since 2008.  Let their baseball ops people run the team.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I would gladly take the team.  You could be as active or passive as you want.  And I would sell about 30% of the team to somebody else to put $600m+ in my pocket and still be the primary owner.

I am not “predicting” this but just wonder if there might be a current owner or ownership group of another mlb team that would have an interest in owning the Angels over the team they own now, where they end up with the Angels and sell their team to a different owner.

This thread is 22 pages long and I was traveling for a couple of days so I am sure I missed some things said, so forgive me if someone else said this:

Is Arte OK?  At his age there can be problems quickly.  If he had a specific health issue or even was just generally in poor health, it would definitely make sense for him to sell the team now versus his heirs selling the team not wanting to take it over.

Interesting quote from Rosenthal's article.  Sounds like the stadium deal falling apart is what did it for Arte.  Or of course, there's the conspiracy that something scummy came up in the deal falling apart, and MLB wants him gone behind closed doors before it comes out.  Would explain why they wouldn't try to fight the deal being cancelled by the city.

The Lerner family, which owns the Nationals, did not prevent the team’s front office from trading Juan Soto with the franchise for sale. Moreno, though, restricted the Angels’ front office from doing the same with Ohtani at the Aug. 2 deadline – and he knew by that time he was putting the team up for sale, major-league sources said.

The Angels did not make the news official until Tuesday, but Moreno, according to one of the sources, was charting this course for at least two months. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

This thread is 22 pages long and I was traveling for a couple of days so I am sure I missed some things said, so forgive me if someone else said this:

Is Arte OK?  At his age there can be problems quickly.  If he had a specific health issue or even was just generally in poor health, it would definitely make sense for him to sell the team now versus his heirs selling the team not wanting to take it over.

Arte has been dead since 2009 and replaced by malevolent lizard person.

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

Or of course, there's the conspiracy that something scummy came up in the deal falling apart, and MLB wants him gone behind closed doors before it comes out.

Why would you even go there?

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Taylor!!  How dare you call someone that identifies as a lizard “malevolent.”

You should probably at least check to see if it is a female lizard.  Possible parade opportunity.

This particular lizard person is malevolent. I didn't say all lizard folks are malevolent.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Or you can just hire a good GM and sit in the owner's box and live it up. 

11 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Or you can just hire a good GM and sit in the owner's box and live it up. 

Or you could just live it up and not have the dumpster full of problems that baseball ownership is.