• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Arte deserves credit for keeping Rengifo

notherhalo

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

He does deserve blame.

If he wants to nix trades, then he should just name himself the GM. Otherwise, let the GM that you hired make the trades that he believes are best for the team.

I too like to speculate.

If he doesn’t get credit and only gets blame that’s a you issue. 

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rengifo has had a good couple of months. That's it. Look at Walsh last year and this year. Hopefully, Rengifo is the real deal and will be worth trading away Cron for but it's gonna take a couple more seasons to find out.

Ward and Peterson have basically the same OPS this year, and Peterson has a good bit more track record. Stripling was bad but has turned it around this year. Pages is whatever, typical high K power hitting prospect. I'd consider it a wash as of now but Rengifo could tip it in our favor if he maintains this performance into next year.

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rengifo has had a good couple of months. That's it. Look at Walsh last year and this year. Hopefully, Rengifo is the real deal and will be worth trading away Cron for but it's gonna take a couple more seasons to find out.

Ok and that trade would have happened before the 2020 season. Joc and Stripling were awful in 2020.  After that Joc was a free agent and then he was awful in 2021.  Stripling had a 4.80 ERA in 2021.  

Just now, Stradling said:

And he deserves credit for doing so. 

No, he does not.

I'm not gonna give him credit for meddling with the front office, even if the end result was positive.

It was a bad process that ended up with a good result.

That same bad process has ended up resulting in many bad results, which is why I'm not gonna give Arte credit for that bad process.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

No, he does not.

I'm not gonna give him credit for meddling with the front office, even if the end result was positive.

It was a bad process that ended up with a good result.

That same bad process has ended up resulting in many bad results, which is why I'm not gonna give Arte credit for that bad process.

But you’d certainly give him blame if the trade went through and Rengifo and Ward blossomed with the Dodgers. 

40 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Ward and Peterson have basically the same OPS this year, and Peterson has a good bit more track record. Stripling was bad but has turned it around this year. Pages is whatever, typical high K power hitting prospect. I'd consider it a wash as of now but Rengifo could tip it in our favor if he maintains this performance into next year.

LOL...   You know the season's gone in the toilet when people are debating whether or not the team won a trade it DIDN'T make.

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But you’d certainly give him blame if the trade went through and Rengifo and Ward blossomed with the Dodgers. 

Why would I give him blame if the trade went through?

I don't blame Arte Moreno for trading away Mike Clevinger for Vinnie Pestano, I blame Jerry Dipoto for that.

I don't blame Arte Moreno for trading away Kyle Bradish for Dylan Bundy, I blame Billy Eppler for that.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Vernon Wells trade.  

If, as has been speculated by some, he pressured Reagins to make that trade, then yes, he deserves blame….but no, if his GM makes a bad trade without Arte being overly involved (he is the owner so he obviously needs to sign off on most things), then he doesn’t deserve any blame….If his GM suggests a FA signing that works out and Arte agrees to raise his budget to get it done, he deserves a lot of credit….if the FA signing is a bust and Arte raised the budget but he lets his GM make the baseball decision, then no, it’s not his fault….seems pretty simple to me…credit where it is due, blame when due…

16 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

He did one in November 2020, after the season. Said something about the bullpen stinking, payroll not going down, blah blah. That was the last one. 

he wasn't really talking with the media then. He was just at some event and answered a few questions from the Bally Sports camera crew. We didn't even hear the exact questions, just snippets of his answers.

8 hours ago, BigVladdy said:

Amen.

Petulant Arte killed the deal cuz he's like a spoiled toddler who wasn't getting his way. Fortunately, it turned out the way it did but that was a total accident. He deserves no credit.

Yet we blame Arte for Trout and Rendon being injured.