• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

TrashPandasWin.com: Logan O'Hoppe is an elite prospect

While I'm being slightly facetious, I wanted to put this out there. 

Adley Rutschman: #1 prospect in baseball, defensively gifted catcher, intelligent and mature kid. 6'2" 220lb. At age 23 in AA: 80 games .271/.392 16 doubles 18 homeruns 57 K's to 55 walks. 

Logan O'Hoppe: Top 100 prospect, defensively gifted catcher. Intelligent and mature kid. 6'2" 185 (this was clearly before he got the weight room, he's at least 200 lb now). At age 22 in AA: 81 games .271/.392 11 doubles 18 homeruns 59 K's to 46 walks. 

Edited by Second Base

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I just think it's cool that two catchers with a similar profile have hit for the same exact batting average, same OBP, same number of HR's in the same amount of games. Yet one is seen as heir apparent to Buster Posey and the other is merely a " good prospect."

Automatic 25% prospect downgrade because….angels

Also guys, please take this with a grain of salt. I'm not saying O'Hoppe is going to be a star. I'm just drawing the comp. 

As I said before, I think O'Hoppe is going to be an Iannetta type of catcher. Handles the pitching staff well, clubhouse captain, hits for power, gets on base. 

The Angels are likely to have him split time with Stassi, so that alone will rule out stardom. Catchers can't reach star status on only 80 games a year. Posey, Mauer, Perez in KC (when he was healthy), Realmuto, Rutschman. Those guys played a lot more. That doesn't seem to be the Angels MO.