• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Are we Angels Extremists/Radicals?

notherhalo

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think I’ve pointed this out before. 

I have about 44k Twitter followers and the Angels official account has over 1M. So to me that means a very large number of the Angels “customers” are just interested in when the next fireworks night is and what bobbleheads are coming up and not so much who is making the spot start on Wednesday or why Andrew Velazquez is playing or which pitchers they’ll target in FA, etc.

Arte 1, AngelsWin 0

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

No ship

The article below says that they have "between 13 and 15 vessels, mostly inshore patrol craft". There are about 3,000 members, so it isn't exactly small. They launched a domestically-produced missile boat in 2012, considered the country's first real naval ship.

https://thediplomat.com/2015/04/yes-kazakhstan-has-a-navy/

15 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Arte isn’t convinced there’s a problem when he still gets 2.5-3 million fans a season and the $$$ that comes with it.

Yeah, I’m sure he doesn’t mind losing.  That’s why he keeps cycling through GM’s and managers.

17 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Yeah, I’m sure he doesn’t mind losing.  That’s why he keeps cycling through GM’s and managers.

Cycling through GMs and Managers doesn’t matter when he keeps on interfering with them.

Arte is the one main constant through all the GMs and managers, yet he still operates in the same manner.

People on this forum are more focused on fielding a team that is competitive for a championship than your average Angels game attendee.  

Many are happy just to have a day at the ballpark with the little league team, see Ohtani pitch or grab a bobble head.  Those folks also aren’t invested enough to hang out or post on a fan forum. 

Im going to a game on Sunday with two other guys

one is a friend who sometimes posts "baseball is boring" or "I hate baseball"

another is a guy from UK who never saw baseball who is his colleague hes trying to butter up to

Im being brought because I can explain the game to the UK guy, who wanted to see a baseball game 

Arte 1, AW 0

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

Im being brought because I can explain the game to the UK guy, who wanted to see a baseball game 

Good luck.

I got caught in a situation like that once. And you're going to be asked things you never thought of before... and you won't be able to answer or explain... you'll just be like "because that's the rules"

And you'll kind of step back for a second... and realize how so much of this game doesn't make sense.

"Why are there 3 strikes, and 4 balls". "Why do they have to wait to tag up on a flyball but not wait on a ground ball?" Things like that. 

Maybe Arte realized some time ago that he is old, tomorrow isnt promised and waiting 5 years for a rebuild is too boring and unprofitable, so he will just try to buy superstars only, get flak from the 1% of extremists like us and get praised the rest of the way

Arte Akbar