• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Where are you on the "Hope Dial?"

Where are you on the "Hope Dial?"  

57 members have voted

1. 1. The Hope Dial

• Game Over, man - No hope, at least not for years to come and/or when Arte sells the team
    • There's a Chance! -- A sliver of hope; maybe Minasian makes some good moves and we see an upward trajectory, but I'm not optimistic
    • I'm hopeful! - Minasian will make some good moves and the Angels should start heading in the right direction
    • I'm optimistic! The Angels have too much talent, and I trust in Minasian to make the right moves to get the team back to contention next year

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I chose "I guess anything is possible", but ai wanted to choose "game over, man", just because Aliens is such a cool movie.

If there's any movie character in history that could describe our current state of affairs, it's Bishop the robot when he got ripped in half.

But he saved Ripley, in the end.

I believe there is more regarding the "Game Over Man" option... 

I believe Arte' doesn't need to sell the team just bring in an actual Baseball Guy to run the Baseball Operations side. Until that is Done it's pretty much a wash and we will be having more frustration overall. Just enough teasing to get you excited~ Then the realization that overall we are a still a "C" level in a TOP Market. Where if the issues were fixed 75-90% this organization could get back to the Playoff years and consistently grow some talent.

I seem to think that even though there were issues outside of the box internally grumbling etc. We as an organization have missed the Eddie Bane and early development days of Tom Kotchman. And the older roving coaches like the Marcel Lachmann pitching wise, and the Alfredo Griffins defensively.. Though growth and next man up in the instruction side happens. There in reality is the issue of not understanding the reasons that go into success and failure as a young professional athlete. 

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Which gave everyone hope.

But then he, newt and the other guy who's name I can't think of were all dead at the beginning of part 3.

Which, you know...

Yeah, that franchise kinda sucked after the first two movies (though I liked Prometheus). I think Ripley died at the end of 3, btw - remember the scene of her falling with the alien popping out, and her craddling it like her child. That and the next one I never re-watched.

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I think people get too caught up in titles.

I'm just not a fan of Carpino. We've changed the FO quite a bit since he has had his fingers throughout. Which includes the Baseball Operations side.

IF you look into the Organization. There is a TOP Heavy of Business Acumen and only Perry or whichever GM was in place at the time on the Baseball side. So, with a young GM you will have growing pains. When there isn't the Full-time voice around 100% of the time. I do know that Stoneman is still around a little bit. But, not in a daily position.

I’m stuck between options 2 and 3.

I am curious why Arte Moreno chooses to put his faith in Carpino to oversee the baseball side.

More and more teams are assembling strong FO’s on the baseball side.

At least Minasian was allowed to hire Tamin away from the Braves.

Baby steps, I guess.

Now, hire a real manager who will bring in real coaches, and do a better job in the off-season, and I might be convinced to go with option 3.

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I believe there is more regarding the "Game Over Man" option... 

I believe Arte' doesn't need to sell the team just bring in an actual Baseball Guy to run the Baseball Operations side. Until that is Done it's pretty much a wash and we will be having more frustration overall. Just enough teasing to get you excited~ Then the realization that overall we are a still a "C" level in a TOP Market. Where if the issues were fixed 75-90% this organization could get back to the Playoff years and consistently grow some talent.

I seem to think that even though there were issues outside of the box internally grumbling etc. We as an organization have missed the Eddie Bane and early development days of Tom Kotchman. And the older roving coaches like the Marcel Lachmann pitching wise, and the Alfredo Griffins defensively.. Though growth and next man up in the instruction side happens. There in reality is the issue of not understanding the reasons that go into success and failure as a young professional athlete. 

We need a Mozeliak!