• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mickey Moniak suffers fractured left middle finger

mmc

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

He was leading off and by getting on hoping for insurance run. He did score plus shows another part of his game

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

To get on base. 

Hindsight I know....he has good speed so you have to give him credit for using it....

• mmc changed the title to Mickey Moniak suffers fractured left middle finger
27 minutes ago, mmc said:

Unfortunate, for him and the team.   

I don't think much of what he's done to date in the minors but he was getting a fresh start and he wouldn't be the first guy to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.  Hopefully he still gets the chance to do that..  This team needs an Orlando Palmiero.  Someone that can play any OF position and not embarrass himself offensively.  If Moniak can become that the Angels end up ahead.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Kinda crazy how much they’ve been bunting lately. Hopefully this injury doesn’t derail that philosophy.  

They should have been doing more of it this season along with being more aggressive, IMO, in stealing bases. As, I believe that they underutilized Wade as a pinch-runner where his speed could have helped them to manufacture more runs. But, maybe, bunting is not something many teams do/teach anymore which might explain why Moniak's attempt, somehow, involved his fingers...

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Unfortunate, for him and the team.   

I don't think much of what he's done to date in the minors but he was getting a fresh start and he wouldn't be the first guy to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.  Hopefully he still gets the chance to do that..  This team needs an Orlando Palmiero.  Someone that can play any OF position and not embarrass himself offensively.  If Moniak can become that the Angels end up ahead.

I loved OP.  He and Fullmer were my favorite players on the 02 team as a 9/10 year old

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I loved OP.  He and Fullmer were my favorite players on the 02 team as a 9/10 year old

One of the all time underrated Angels IMO.  His overall performance in comparison to the league was dulled by the era he played in, which is a shame but he had a good run..  Career OPS+ of 85 as an Angel doesn't look like much but that was entirely due to the lack of power.  OBP of .361 as an Angel, walked 40+ more times than he struck out as an Angel and finished with more walks than K's for his entire career.  Poor guy broke in with Salmon, Edmonds, Erstad and Anderson and STILL managed to make it all the way through to 2002.

OP managed a 13 year MLB career despite hitting a total of 12 HRs which was no small feat given the entirety of his career was during the roid era.   When people ask me what player I believe was better than his WAR, OP is always the guy that comes to mind.  Dude had NO power, NONE...  But he did everything else well and his superior OBP meant he was never a black hole.