• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread Angels @ M's Game 1 of doubleheader 8/06/2022 Barria on the mound still no Fletcher

26 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

UGH! Why relieve Barria here? He's only at 76 pitches and there are 2 outs. How is he supposed to learn how to get out of situations like these if you don't let him try? I don't like this move.

He has been used in long relief for most of the season. Starting and going beyond 4 innings hasn't been part of his game.

The most he has pitched previously was 4 innings and that was back on July 23rd. Of his 20 previous outings he has only gone 4 innings 4 times. He exceeded 60 pitches only 3 times. Today was an extended outing. 

16 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Walsh in beyond bad, and it’s not been a small sample size either…..going to have to address 1b if he can’t pull himself out of this hole…..

I hate to say it. And I bit my tongue last year.

But I think it's far more likely he's just not very good than he was an all-star, like last year.

I think he's better than this. But more of a platoon guy.

Certainly not part of a core.