• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Canning and C. Rodriguez officially shut down for the year

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

The CRod news is really no different.   He was expected to not pitch in actual games this season.

Sounds like he’s progressing as expected.   Will still need to watch the innings pitched in 2023, hopefully building towards some semblance of work load (140 innings?) by 2024?

That would be more than the total he's thrown in the 7 seasons since he was drafted, so might be a little on the high end. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

That would be more than the total he's thrown in the 7 seasons since he was drafted, so might be a little on the high end. 

Maybe, but also remember that Ohtani had only pitched some 80 innings from 2017-2020, yet has thrown 235 innings in the past 1 2/3 seasons.

Thinking a goal limit of around 100 innings for 2023, and then hopefully around 140 innings in 2024, and then 162 innings in 2025?

Having a 6 man rotation and increased upper minors depth helps out.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Maybe, but also remember that Ohtani had only pitched some 80 innings from 2017-2020, yet has thrown 235 innings in the past 1 2/3 seasons.

Thinking a goal limit of around 100 innings for 2023, and then hopefully around 140 innings in 2024, and then 162 innings in 2025?

Having a 6 man rotation and increased upper minors depth helps out.

Sure, but Ohtani had seasons of 140, 155, and 162 innings before he got hurt.  Rodriguez has not yet shown any ability whatsoever to stay on the field. 

I just can't muster any positive expectation about CRod. I know he's talented, and he does have his apologists here, but it all sounds like rationalizing what, I fear, should be obvious: He's made of glass.

I mean, this is absurd...pro innings pitched by year:

2016: 11.1 

2017: 57.0

2018: 0

2019: 9.1

2020: 0 (but pitched in camp)

2021: 50.0

2022: 0

That's 127.2 IP in seven seasons. And yet we're supposed to expect that he becomes a major league starter?

Obviously he's too young and talented to give up on, but anything we get out of him, at this point, will be a bonus.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The CRod news is really no different.   He was expected to not pitch in actual games this season.

Sounds like he’s progressing as expected.   Will still need to watch the innings pitched in 2023, hopefully building towards some semblance of work load (140 innings?) by 2024?

Dude, will never throw as a Starter again! under 100 innings in a season doesn't equate to an effective rotation piece! Unless, the HALOS breakout the NEW MLB 10 man rotation!!!! 

Bullpen Bound in 2026!....

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I just can't muster any positive expectation about CRod. I know he's talented, and he does have his apologists here, but it all sounds like rationalizing what, I fear, should be obvious: He's made of glass.

I mean, this is absurd...pro innings pitched by year:

2016: 11.1 

2017: 57.0

2018: 0

2019: 9.1

2020: 0 (but pitched in camp)

2021: 50.0

2022: 0

That's 127.2 IP in seven seasons. And yet we're supposed to expect that he becomes a major league starter?

Obviously he's too young and talented to give up on, but anything we get out of him, at this point, will be a bonus.

Its Over GIF

I wouldn't even save CROD's and Cannings spot in any Clubhouse at Any level... Just send them Quarterly Team update flyers in the mail! And invite them to SPT but expect NOTHING, NADDA, Zilch!

C-Rod is worth far more than you guys realize.

The injuries are a concern, but I think @Inside Pitch can put them into a better perspective than I can. 

Canning was a health concern when he was drafted, and he's definitely lived up to that. That said, he's still shown moderate success at the MLB level. With 3 years of control left, he'll get another crack at the rotation.

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

C-Rod is worth far more than you guys realize.

The injuries are a concern, but I think @Inside Pitch can put them into a better perspective than I can. 

Canning was a health concern when he was drafted, and he's definitely lived up to that. That said, he's still shown moderate success at the MLB level. With 3 years of control left, he'll get another crack at the rotation.

Only worth anything if you are on the FIELD! 

Same issue this Organization has always had! Oh we have 4 Starting Pitchers coming back NEXT SEASON!!! And then we lose 3 new guys~ 

Next Year Rendon will come back HEALTHY AS EVER!... 

This Organization HAS ALWAYS focused on Tomorrow! Regarding returning players from injuries. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow... They have never sat down and said if we bring in others and injured players comeback we now have an area of Strength to Deal from.