• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Travel Baseball

34 minutes ago, Adam said:

He did pretty well. He was also humbled by how good most of those boys are and is fired up to get to work.

3-9, 2 BBs, 2 Runs, SB

3IP, 2ER, 4Ks

0 Errors defensively

Pretty well? That's incredible.

18 minutes ago, Adam said:

No. I just tell him he sucks and to go hit more balls until he doesn't

Saw a dad pull his kid off the ice by his helmet for "not trying". Just berated his kid in front of everyone. I wanted to walk up and tell the kid how good he was looking out there just to piss his dad off some more. My thought, that team is going to have an open spot on their 8u team soon. Travel hockey is something else. 

7 minutes ago, James said:

Saw a dad pull his kid off the ice by his helmet for "not trying". Just berated his kid in front of everyone. I wanted to walk up and tell the kid how good he was looking out there just to piss his dad off some more. My thought, that team is going to have an open spot on their 8u team soon. Travel hockey is something else. 

Parents are crazy man. 

I only give my kid feedback if he asks for it unless its a behavior thing like attitude, laziness or body language. 

I did talk to him before this tourney and told him that most of the kids he was going to play with and against were better than him. It isn't a talent thing. It's a work thing. He needs to decide if he wants to be great or if he wants this to just be fun. 100% up to him. No wrong answer but that if he wants to be great he's giving us permission to push him and that he's going to have to work even when he doesn't want to.

19 hours ago, Adam said:

Parents are crazy man. 

I only give my kid feedback if he asks for it unless its a behavior thing like attitude, laziness or body language. 

I did talk to him before this tourney and told him that most of the kids he was going to play with and against were better than him. It isn't a talent thing. It's a work thing. He needs to decide if he wants to be great or if he wants this to just be fun. 100% up to him. No wrong answer but that if he wants to be great he's giving us permission to push him and that he's going to have to work even when he doesn't want to.

Thats the only way to approach it. As you know, kids will say they want it but that work ethic often lacks. 

On 5/28/2024 at 2:33 PM, Adam said:

Parents are crazy man. 

i love this answer, adam. 

On 5/28/2024 at 3:22 PM, James said:

If a dad is talking to his kid that way in public, imagine how much worse it is behind closed doors.

Unfortunately, intervening like that might make the dad even angrier and cause him to take it out on his family later. These are small-minded men who get off on making others feel like shit. I wish God would make them all sterile.

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If a dad is talking to his kid that way in public, imagine how much worse it is behind closed doors.

Unfortunately, intervening like that might make the dad even angrier and cause him to take it out on his family later. These are small-minded men who get off on making others feel like shit. I wish God would make them all sterile.

You have no idea how he is at home. 

I know the guy a bit and I highly doubt he is like this at home but what do I know? Nothing more than you do. I do know he would have chuckled later had I interrupted. We all have moments we aren't proud of, I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion such as you have.  

11 minutes ago, James said:

You have no idea how he is at home. 

I know the guy a bit and I highly doubt he is like this at home but what do I know? Nothing more than you do. I do know he would have chuckled later had I interrupted. We all have moments we aren't proud of, I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion such as you have.  

I know the type. A normal dad doesn't "pull his kid off the ice by the helmet" and berate him over a sport, in front of a bunch of people. This is deranged, abusive behavior.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:48 AM, Adam said:

Anyone have a boy in a travel program? 

Someone should really make a movie about travel ball. It is pretty nuts.

I'm thinking a Netflix series. If Shane Gillis can do a comedy centered around a Tire Shop, there has to be room for a Travel ball series!

On 5/31/2024 at 5:05 PM, Skram said:

I'm thinking a Netflix series. If Shane Gillis can do a comedy centered around a Tire Shop, there has to be room for a Travel ball series!

yeah dude. There are some reels and youtube channels that have solid content but it really is untapped subject. Would make for a great hour and 45 minute comedy.

You would center it around Cooperstown. That is the big 12U destination. They have 64 team tournaments every weekend June-August. It's the focus of everything from when these kids are 10. 

On 5/31/2024 at 5:05 PM, Skram said:

And that Tires show was great

36 minutes ago, Adam said:

You would center it around Cooperstown. That is the big 12U destination. They have 64 team tournaments every weekend June-August. It's the focus of everything from when these kids are 10. 

Pete Rose slangin autos from Doubleday Cafe has great comedic potential.