• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Luis Rengifo Appreciation Thread

Chuck

Also, everyone wanting Gavin Lux in a potential deal with the Dodgers, consider how close Rengifo's season and career is compared to the Dodgers once top prospect. 

Gavin Lux vs. Luis Rengifo

2022 Season:

Lux: .302/.378/.430 4 HR, 5 SB, 30 RBI in 92 Games

Rengifo: .275/.321./.415 5 HR, 5 SB, 21 RBI in 67 Games

Career

Lux: .259/.338/.391 16 HR, 12 SB, 93 RBI in 236 games

Rengifo: .232/.301/.350 19 HR, 11 SB, 75 RBI in 262 games

• Chuck changed the title to Luis Rengifo Appreciation Thread
8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also, everyone wanting Gavin Lux in a potential deal with the Dodgers, consider how close Rengifo's season and career is compared to the Dodgers once top prospect. 

Gavin Lux vs. Luis Rengifo

2022 Season:

Lux: .302/.378/.430 4 HR, 5 SB, 30 RBI in 92 Games

Rengifo: .275/.321./.415 5 HR, 5 SB, 21 RBI in 67 Games

Career

Lux: .259/.338/.391 16 HR, 12 SB, 93 RBI in 236 games

Rengifo: .232/.301/.350 19 HR, 11 SB, 75 RBI in 262 games

Look, Rengifo's been great and I don't want to bash him- so don't take this as a knock on him- but comparing Rengifo to Lux is a bit much IMO.

The career numbers look similar, but Lux has taken a massive step forward this season. And his 2022 season has been substantially better than Rengifo's. Mainly, Lux is getting on base at an elite rate while Rengifo is getting on base at a league average rate.

16 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Look, Rengifo's been great and I don't want to bash him- so don't take this as a knock on him- but comparing Rengifo to Lux is a bit much IMO.

The career numbers look similar, but Lux has taken a massive step forward this season. And his 2022 season has been substantially better than Rengifo's. Mainly, Lux is getting on base at an elite rate while Rengifo is getting on base at a league average rate.

My point was to point out how close they are in terms of production and how they're both finally turning the corner. Both also have very good minor league stats and Rengifo is just a year older. 

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

My point was to point out how close they are in terms of production and how they're both finally turning the corner. Both also have very good minor league stats and Rengifo is just a year older. 

it'd be nice to have Rengifo and Lux, along with Fletcher as the middle infield mix.

But the only way to get Lux is in an Ohtani deal, and I don't think Arte's gonna trade Ohtani (let alone to the Dodgers)

27 minutes ago, Trendon said:

However, if you play for the Halos and get on base at the league average rate, then YOU ARE ELITE!