• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What is the minimum trade package you'd accept for Ohtani right now (if you were Perry Minasian)?

What's the minimum prospect package you'd accept for Ohtani right now (if you were Minasian)?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's your minimum package for Ohtani?

• I wouldn't trade him, no matter what
    • It would have to include at least two established young players with star potential and/or previous elite prospect (65+ FV), plus two good prospects (50-60 FV)
    • At least one established young player and/or former elite prospect (65+ FV), plus two good prospects and one decent one (e.g. 55+, 50, 45 FV)
    • 60, 55, 50, 50 (an excellent prospect and three good to very good ones)
    • 60, 50, 50, 45 (an excellent prospect, two good ones, a decent one)
    • 55, 50, 45+, 40 (a couple good prospects, a couple decent ones)

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I could still see the Mets, Dodgers, or Padres doing something so crazy though that the Angels and Arte's hand is forced. 

The Dodgers? When they want someone, they tend to get it. They're in the peak of their window. It makes sense to go all-in on Ohtani. 
The Mets? Cohen goes above and beyond and will spend whatever. They have enough pieces to fit, and they have the money to spend and replace what they lose. The Eppler connection. 
The Padres? Preller has the farm and has shown to be very bold. 

Any of those orgs could really do something. I don't see the Orioles being that bold...

Top five prospects by FV:

Dodgers: Cartaya, Miller, Bush, Pages (all 50), a few 45+ prospects

Mets: Alvarez (60), Baty (55); Maurico, Ramirez, Parada (all 50)

Padres: Abrams (60), Campusano (55), Hassell, Wood, Lesko (50)

I honestly don't know if the Dodgers have the prospects - I don't think even four 50 FV prospects gets Ohtani. They could throw in Lux, but I don't think they'd trade Lux and Abrams.

Alvarez is the most alluring prospect of the bunch, and Baty could and Mauricio could also be very useful pieces at 3B/1B and SS next year, although I'm not crazy about Mauricio's hit tool and plate discipline - he looks like a poor man's Javier Baez.

Abrams and Campusano plug two wholes instantly (gross): MI and C, both long-term, and both are basically ready.

As I posted in another thread, Ohtani's value isn't diminished by waiting until the off season. The prospect haul may be as good if not better with more teams in the mix trying to win 2023. Teams on playoffs cusp will be involved, those that just fell short or made the playoffs and were that one impact player from getting through them to the World Series. 

Waiting also creates more data about prospects in other organizations, those players that flipped that switch one way or the other on having future value. Right now in our own organization we have question marks about those prospect we thought were on the rise and those that are rising beyond expectations. At the end of the season they will all have shown what they really can do. We want to pick from those guys, not the August 1st guys. 

It would probably be a first, but we should be the first team that insists on the pending free agent who's traded (Ohtani) signing long term with who we trade him to. Even if we have to send money over, and or accept lesser prospects.

"Angels send Ohtani, and 80 million, to Padres for player to be named later, with stipulation in the deal that under no circumstances will Ohtani ever become a Dodger, Red Sox, or Yankee"

The headline

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It would probably be a first, but we should be the first team that insists on the pending free agent who's traded (Ohtani) signing long term with who we trade him to. Even if we have to send money over, and or accept lesser prospects.

"Angels send Ohtani, and 80 million, to Padres for player to be named later, with stipulation in the deal that under no circumstances will Ohtani ever become a Dodger, Red Sox, or Yankee"

The headline

You homered earlier... but this one ended up being a pop fly.

23 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

It saddens me that @Docwaukee, @Inside Pitch, @Second Base, @rafibomb, @totdprods, @T.G., @ten ocho recon scout, @tdawg87, @WicketMaiden, @Blarg, @failos and other forum regulars haven't voted. Come on, guys, put your nuts on the chopping block.

Forgive me if I didn't include you in that list - those are just the folks that came to mind. 

Family camping in Lake Siskiyou. No internet. Just got back. 

No downside to holding onto him. Unless someone offers something you shouldn't refuse, there's no harm in holding onto him.  Shohei is just as valuable in December 2022 as August 2022. And honestly, in July 2023 he's probably still worth a lot. They might as well hold onto him and see if Arte emptying his bank account into the team fixes this.