• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

"MLB Teams Wary of Angels SPs - Fluctuating Stuff"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10043446-noah-syndergaard-trade-rumors-mlb-teams-wary-of-angels-sps-fluctuating-stuff?src=rss

Yeah, Bleacher Report, I know. But it is Jeff Passan..and it is kind of true.

I do think someone will want Syndergaard, but will be leery about giving up more than a decent prospect. He's not a lottery ticket.

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I don't think Syndegaard is the kind of pitcher that's going to THE difference maker for a team.

There will definitely be interest, pick up some of his remaining salary and even add a reliever or prospect to get something that will help.

He's a great get for a team that already has a solid #1 through #3/#4, to have as that insurance guy if someone gets hurt or as a late-round SP option in playoffs, but that's about it. 

Sort of like what the Yanks hoped to do with Heaney. As such, I'm not expecting much more of a return than what Heaney got, TBH.

I'm just skeptical... but if the Angels can get someone useful, great.

Like the title of this thread says... the Angels pitching staff has "fluctuating" stuff... Who really wants to take a chance on that?

When is the trading deadline anyway?

Edited by T.G.

15 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm just skeptical... but if the Angels can get someone useful, great.

Like the title of this thread says... the Angels pitching staff has "fluctuating" stuff... Who really wants to take a chance on that?

When is the trading deadline anyway?

August 2.

Regards,

Google

21 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He's a great get for a team that already has a solid #1 through #3/#4, to have as that insurance guy if someone gets hurt or as a late-round SP option in playoffs, but that's about it. 

Sort of like what the Yanks hoped to do with Heaney. As such, I'm not expecting much more of a return than what Heaney got, TBH.

Yeah, this sounds right.

4 minutes ago, Revad said:

The title is misleading as the story only discusses Syndergaard, not any other starters.  He’s not used to pitching every fifth day and his velocity isn’t what it was.  

Any excuse to start a thread to talk about stuff that's already being talked about in another thread.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Any excuse to start a thread to talk about stuff that's already being talked about in another thread.

I think your rate of talking about other posters and not actual content or baseball may be challenging cals. Well done.

p.s. The thread title is taken from the article. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think your rate of talking about other posters and not actual content or baseball may be challenging cals. Well done.

p.s. The thread title is taken from the article. 

Your rate at commenting on my style of posting is at the stalker level.

I remember a study awhile back that said the most important thing in the post season for a starting pitcher is their strike-out rates.

Syndergaards strike-out rates are below-average and everything about him puts him at maybe slightly above league average.

He's a depth piece, a #3, (at best, and that's a stretch), for a playoff run - but most teams wouldn't want him even starting in the post-season.  

I'd look for someone in that 45-50 FV range, in say, A+ or AA ball, (not "near-ML-ready") and depending on what's available, slightly prefer a position player - C, MIF, or OF.  it would probably have to be from a team awash in those mid-level prospects like the Rays, Dodgers, Brewers, or Guardians, and we'd probably have to pick up at least half of his salary. 

Not sure a 45+ is on the table, but that's what I'd hope for.