• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A false premise, but here's a question: Trout or WS

Trout or World Series?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. You have psychic powers and can see two parallel timelines until the end of Trout's career - which do you choose?

• Trout for life but no World Series while he's here
    • Trout traded and a World Series before he retires

1 minute ago, Slegnaac said:

The oprions should have been.

1. Trade Trout and Win 1 world series before he is elected to the HOF. 

2. Keep Trout and represent the AL multiple times in the world series before he retires, but never win.

That's a tricky one. Let's say he retires after 2030 (and that would be kinda young). That means he's elected in 2035 (or is it 2036?). So one WS win in the next 14 years without Trout vs. multiple WS losses with Trout in the next 8 seasons?

I'll take #2. It doesn't preclude a WS win after he retires.

27 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I saw the team win a ring. 

I've never seen anyone like Trout before. 

The thing is, the team can keep Trout and win the WS later. So we can have our cake and eat it too, so to speak.

I'm fat.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:55 PM, Stradling said:

I agree with this.  I have seen the Angels win the World Series.  I have never seen The Angels have an inner circle HOFer play his entire career here.  To me that holds more value.

2 hours ago, mmc said:

I have serious questions for anyone who picks the first option.

I voted for the first option, but I kind of wish there was a middle option for, "Keep Trout and the Angels consistently contend every season but don't necessarily win a WS."

As if it is a certainty that keeping Trout reduces the Angels chances of winning a WS and trading him increases those chances.

I get the fun hypothetical but the second a actual debate breaks out over it, the only responsible and honest thing to do is go straight back to the suggested premise being absurd and refuse to say anything other than the premise is absurd.