• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB organizations currently in a worse state than the Angels

Taylor

• Taylor changed the title to MLB organizations currently in a worse state than the Angels
35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Kind of. I want to be proud of the team I follow. Not just because they play well on the field, but because they have a solid organization from top to bottom. It felt that way from 2002-2009, and I miss it.

The Angels are my favorite team and I enjoy it when they win, but I don’t think of them as a source of pride. I don’t have that kind of attachment. Perhaps that’s unusual for a fan?

I think among the clubs in comparable situations the Angels are definitely the worst.  Personally I don’t see much point comparing the Angels to the Pirates.  And that’s not to give the Pirates ownership people a pass.  They shouldn’t own a Major League Baseball team.  But the Pirates situation is a lot different in terms of revenue potential.   

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think among the clubs in comparable situations the Angels are definitely the worst.  Personally I don’t see much point comparing the Angels to the Pirates.  And that’s not to give the Pirates ownership people a pass.  They shouldn’t own a Major League Baseball team.  But the Pirates situation is a lot different in terms of revenue potential.   

The Pirates have won the World Series five times.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

The Pirates have won the World Series five times.

Excellent!  They won in 1979 btw.  Very cool.  All of that.  Anyway.  The Angels are a much more significant organization in terms of marketability, revenue potential.  Important things for the business of baseball. 

Only 1 team wins the World Series.  Then there is everyone else.

Who cares if your team gets a wild card and gets eliminated in Round 1.

If that happens to the Angels  everyone says Trout is being wasted.

Only 2 teams win the Pennant.  If that happens with the Angels and they  lose the WS, everyone would say Trout is being wasted.

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Angels have Trout and Ohtani.  That alone puts them in the Top half of teams.

Alot of HOF players never got a ring.   Some guys in the HOF due to "rings" don't deserve to be there too.

Guys need to chill on the ring mandate for Trout.   #44 never got a ring, either did Ted Williams,