• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Stop the hat already

My main point is different.

It's the mindset that honors home runs that I object to. Baseball is not a home run contest. In fact the sport was around for decades before Babe Ruth. 

There are so many parts of the game that contribute to winning. I needn't go into all the other ways runs are scored on offense and prevented by defense and pitching. And home runs are often meaningless in the context of the score. As Marsh so ably demonstrated the last two nights. 

I'm afraid though that the Angels are afraid to stop this routine. If they do, it's an admittance of it's irrelevance in relation to their record. So the empty ritual and gestures continue. Probably embarrassing to some of them, but they're stuck in their charade now.

I think it’s stupid to celebrate the meaningless HRs but I get them trying to have some fun in what is going to end up being a very long season.

They should have a ceremony where the whole team is there and burn the hat to end the bad streak.  This gets rid of the stupid hat and let’s them have some fun.

Is it ok if I hate both Stradling and CaliAngel?

6 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

I think it’s stupid to celebrate the meaningless HRs but I get them trying to have some fun in what is going to end up being a very long season.

They should have a ceremony where the whole team is there and burn the hat to end the bad streak.  This gets rid of the stupid hat and let’s them have some fun.

Is it ok if I hate both Stradling and CaliAngel?

Yes.

How cute that fans want to see the players have joy. Their bank accounts should be all the joy they need. By contrast our broke asses waste 3 hr intervals watching a bunch of simps who cant do f all when runners are on base. Down 9 runs with an inning to go? Watch this meaningless homer.

Players should be eating boiled chicken with brussel sprouts every day they bring zero productivity. Do something productive? Earn a t-bone steak and a sweet potato as a reward. Cowards too afraid to protect the plate, too craven to move the lumba with thunda. Sad sacks.

1 hour ago, Anthony Tendon said:

How cute that fans want to see the players have joy. Their bank accounts should be all the joy they need. By contrast our broke asses waste 3 hr intervals watching a bunch of simps who cant do f all when runners are on base. Down 9 runs with an inning to go? Watch this meaningless homer.

Players should be eating boiled chicken with brussel sprouts every day they bring zero productivity. Do something productive? Earn a t-bone steak and a sweet potato as a reward. Cowards too afraid to protect the plate, too craven to move the lumba with thunda. Sad sacks.

Haha fuck that. Sorry you are broke, I’d suggest being better at baseball. I feel bad for you. 

4 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

As the only professional athlete on this forum, you would think someone would listen to me. 

I am currently the 16th ranked e-sports call of duty alternate for Tuesday gameplay between 3am and 3:30am. Look me up. 

um, not so fast, sparky.

i've attained platinum status on angry birds friends.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

That's enough. Get back to the stupid hats or we can just lock the thread. 

Sure. 

The hat was fun when we were winning. Winning is over.

Move on to a new home run tradition once the Angels are over .500 and they won't be this year, so throw the hat away. 

Not hard. 

• Lou locked this topic