• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Imagine you're Shohei Ohtani: In what scenario would you sign long-term with the Angels?

2 minutes ago, Patty O said:

I assumed he wasn't after your first comment. I tried again to make a joke but still no avail. Notice the LOL after I wrote my poorly received joke. You'll learn some day. It's okay.

My comment was a joke but you wouldn't understand.

@Chuckster70 You are 100% correct. I'll come up with a better name more appropriate for your guidelines and act accordingly. I just can't stand the people who play armchair agent/GM and then go around calling people casual fans even though these same casual fans are just as die-hard they just don't follow as closely because time doesn't allow it. I hear it at the stadium (especially Dodger stadium) all the time with their fans. Most Angels fans aren't as bad though. I love the Angels.

3 minutes ago, Patty O said:

@Chuckster70 You are 100% correct. I'll come up with a better name more appropriate for your guidelines and act accordingly. I just can't stand the people who play armchair agent/GM and then go around calling people casual fans even though these same casual fans are just as die-hard they just don't follow as closely because time doesn't allow it. I hear it at the stadium (especially Dodger stadium) all the time with their fans. Most Angels fans are as bad though. I love my Angels.

Ummm, you also played armchair agent/GM. It's a message board. That's basically what we all do. 

Just now, Lou said:

Ummm, you also played armchair agent/GM. It's a message board. That's basically what we all do. 

Duh!

As I wrote before my hypothetical situation where Ohtani stayed was purely based in the theory that he might want to stay somewhere he has been adopted as a native son (Anaheim) and play alongside with one of the greatest baseball players who ever lived (Mike Trout), with no boundaries set to contract obligations or monies can you find attached to my summation. Then the feller who quoted me pretty much said oh you simple jack how dare you not think about a few more years and what that means for Ohtani .... LOL. Then he went on to lay out why his argument was better rounded than mine .... LOL. 

Now if he would have from the jump stated all this hooey in his first post to me without trying to beg the question and talk down to me, I would have not even of budged a finger. I could care less about his position. I do not like people calling me out though whether it be online or on a sidewalk.

With the advent of MLBTR, Fangraphs, sabermetrics and all this clown stuff, the last fifteen years people have become really nauseating to talk baseball with anyone if they fall for this junk.

1 minute ago, Patty O said:

Now if he would have from the jump stated all this hooey in his first post to me without trying to beg the question and talk down to me, I would have not even of budged a finger. I could care less about his position. I do not like people calling me out though whether it be online or on a sidewalk.

I'm interested to hear what you do when this occurs.

Just now, Lou said:

I'm interested to hear what you do when this occurs.

Dude why are you pestering me? Can't you just be a big boy and play nice? 

I'll tell you what happens I defend myself.. what else would I do? 

Ever heard of honor? Well I believe it is one's duty to defend themselves when they feel slighted.

Maybe you don't have a moral code. I don't know.

Just now, Patty O said:

Dude why are you pestering me? Can't you just be a big boy and play nice? 

I'll tell you what happens I defend myself.. what else would I do? 

Ever heard of honor? Well I believe it is one's duty to defend themselves when they feel slighted.

Maybe you don't have a moral code. I don't know.

Yep, that's me, no morals. 

You seem a bit sensitive.

Just now, Patty O said:

Holy smokes. Pot calling kettle black?

Dude I'm not saying you don't have morals. Gosh. I'm not trying to be rude but I think you are a bit obsessed. Go away. 

Yeah, I'll go ahead and post whenever/wherever I please.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:12 AM, Angelsjunky said:

The situation is really rather simple.

You try to extend Ohtani this offseason. If he does, great. If not, you go into the season with plans to reach the playoffs.

You re-assess come July. If the Angels are contending, you don't trade Ohtani and hope he's happy with the team having improved and will consider signing with the Angels before he hits the open market. If they're not and he still hasn't signed an extension, you entertain offers.

I think if Shohei doesn't extend this offseason and the Angels are out of contention by July, then you try to trade him. I don't think he'll stay after another crappy season, regardless of comfort and the Japanese community in Orange County. Obviously they'll get less for him next July than they would now, but the difference is not worth the damage trading Ohtani now or this offseason would do to the team and organization.

this is reasonable. 

i hope it doesn't come down to trading him.