• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread Dodgers @ Angels 7/16/2022 Urias vs Suarez Trout scratched from start

17 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Ohtani and Trout both. 

Honestly I feel like the Angels have finally broken Trout.

Imagine being one of the greatest ballplayers ever and having to show up to the park to put on an Angels uniform every day. 

Trout has nothing to complain about.   He missed most of 2021 and now critical time in 2022, not to mention the 14 game losing streak when he did nothing to help.

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I stated years ago here that the Angels would never win a World Series with Mike Scioscia as the manager and never win a World Series with Arte as the owner. Unfortunately, so far, I've been right.

Moreno's philosophy is so flawed yet he continues to do the same damn thing over and over again year after year.

Actually, that would make you wrong.

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I get this. I do. 

But just for a second try to forget about the money, and think about...life. With a job. That you're stuck at. And it sucks. And then you're gone 6 months out of the year from having an actual life. And no matter how hard you work and how good you are, going to work sucks. And even though you have a shit ton of money, you know you're stuck spending the next 10 years doing it into your late 30's. 

I have a great job, good pay, but you know what? Sometimes the day sucks, but I get to go home in my bed, I get to see my girl, I go out with friends to forget about it, I see my family and people I love. 

Strad gives me shit but that commitment alone is what was never worth it to me. Life is short. I think Trouts realizing that, and I think if you're going to dedicate all this time, regardless of the money, if you're going to give it all you have, I don't doubt you'd rather be out there winning. So your job doesn't suck. So even though you're not with your family and friends, you're out there with the best of the best. 

That's all I have to say about that. 

You aren't getting it. If winning was really that important to Trout, he would not have signed an extension with a team that has proven they don't know how to win. He would have gotten paid the same or more to mostly any team he wanted to go to. He was comfortable where he was at plain and simple.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

I stated years ago here that the Angels would never win a World Series with Mike Scioscia as the manager and never win a World Series with Arte as the owner. Unfortunately, so far, I've been right.

Moreno's philosophy is so flawed yet he continues to do the same damn thing over and over again year after year.

The guy's a self-made billionaire, so he's got to be relatively smart. People can be--and often are--smart in one context, and dumb in another, but you'd at least think he's smart enough to realize that maybe his meddling has never worked.

But this leads me to believe that maybe he doesn't really care about winning, or at least to him, winning is a distant second to....you guessed it: making money. According to this, Arte is doing just fine:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/196663/revenue-of-the-los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim-since-2006/

Our best hope is that the Angels make less in revenue in 2022 than they did in 2021 ($331M), which was less than 2019 ($377M). That might wake Arte up. 

So my suggestion to OC fans: STOP GOING TO GAMES! STOP BUYING OVER-PRICED HOT DOGS AND SHITTY BEER AND JUNKY PARAPHERNALIA! Vote with your dollar, and tell Arte that the product he's offering isn't worth supporting. That's the only thing he'll listen to, I believe.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

You aren't getting it. If winning was really that important to Trout, he would not have signed an extension with a team that has proven they don't know how to win. He would have gotten paid the same or more to mostly any team he wanted to go to. He was comfortable where he was at plain and simple.

So I guess you've never had a regret in your life? 

23 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Ohtani and Trout both. 

Honestly I feel like the Angels have finally broken Trout.

Imagine being one of the greatest ballplayers ever and having to show up to the park to put on an Angels uniform every day. 

Jesus your and idoit 

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

STOP GOING TO GAMES! STOP BUYING OVER-PRICED HOT DOGS AND SHITTY BEER AND JUNKY PARAPHERNALIA! Vote with your dollar, and tell Arte that the product he's offering isn't worth supporting. That's the only thing he'll listen to, I believe.

As a sea of people who apparently don't read this message board are packed into the stadium...

20220716_204633.jpg

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The guy's a self-made billionaire, so he's got to be relatively smart. People can be--and often are--smart in one context, and dumb in another, but you'd at least think he's smart enough to realize that maybe his meddling has never worked.

But this leads me to believe that maybe he doesn't really care about winning, or at least to him, winning is a distant second to....you guessed it: making money. According to this, Arte is doing just fine:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/196663/revenue-of-the-los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim-since-2006/

Our best hope is that the Angels make less in revenue in 2022 than they did in 2021 ($331M), which was less than 2019 ($377M). That might wake Arte up. 

So my suggestion to OC fans: STOP GOING TO GAMES! STOP BUYING OVER-PRICED HOT DOGS AND SHITTY BEER AND JUNKY PARAPHERNALIA! Vote with your dollar, and tell Arte that the product he's offering isn't worth supporting. That's the only thing he'll listen to, I believe.

Yes and that's why I posted this video in one of the threads about Moreno:

I also stated years ago that Moreno really only cares about getting 3 million fans and the usuals here blasted me for it. The facts over the years speak for themselves. Hell, even articles are written about his attendance goals. You are right, Angels fans don't seem to mind that the product on the field has been bad all these years. They still went to games to see Trout and Pujols and didn't care that the Angels lost and now they come to see Trout and Ohtani despite the Angels terrible record.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Luckily for Artie there are plenty of fans of the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox in Southern California.  So at least for those games he should have decent ticket and beer sales.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Some of you guys could compete in the Olympics with the mental gymnastics you do to take blame away from Trout.

Dude is injury prone. He can't play a full season anymore. And guess what? It hurts the team when he doesn't play.

It hurts the team when he plays hurt too. 

I wonder who they are going to call up when he goes on the IL next week. 

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yes and that's why I posted this video in one of the threads about Moreno:

I also stated years ago that Moreno really only cares about getting 3 million fans and the usuals here blasted me for it. The facts over the years speak for themselves. Hell, even articles are written about his attendance goals. You are right, Angels fans don't seem to mind that the product on the field has been bad all these years. They still went to games to see Trout and Pujols and didn't care that the Angels lost and now they come to see Trout and Ohtani despite the Angels terrible record.

Apparently there's nothing better to do on a Saturday night in Southern California lol