• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto: ''One bad streak away from considering all options.''

Mariners just promoted Taijuan Walker to AAA. Probably looking for shoppers, and then getting ready to play a bait and switch since there are so many other good pitching prospects in their system.

How's Hultzen coming along?

His point is definitely far less ludicrous than many other scenarios I've read around here.

However, Trout, Albert, and Josh aren't going anywhere until they say so.

We should look forward to a fun second half, replace a few parts in the off-season, and get after it next year. It's what baseball teams that don't make the playoffs do.  

Angels story part 4. I wonder if it ends the same way as part 3, part 2, and part 1?

The Angels drafted five players before Taijuan Walker in the 2010 draft - including Ryan Bolden, Chevez Clarke, and Cam Bedrosian.

Let's face it folks: the lunatics are running the asylum. This is a rudderless ship.

Put those metaphors in your pipe and smoke it, Scioscia.

he was drafted 43th overall. So he was scouted by that many organizations wrong?

The Angels drafted five players before Taijuan Walker in the 2010 draft - including Ryan Bolden, Chevez Clarke, and Cam Bedrosian.

Let's face it folks: the lunatics are running the asylum. This is a rudderless ship.

Yea, why didn't Scioscia draft better.

rotator cuff strain kept him out for a couple of months, so that's really scary. looked good in his rehab today. we'll see.

Does he project to be a frontline starter or back of the rotation? Also, who does he draw comparisons to?

Every draft is loaded with players we could have had that are now doing well. That said, the halos 2010 draft was pretty much a disaster.

Technically yes. But how do we know the players who are successful on other teams would have the same success here with the clown coaches.

So if the Angels drafted five players before him, that means pretty much every other organization also passed on him at least a few times.  Ergo: every organization sucks.

yes.

see teams that have rebuilt their farm while consistently contending for WS rings at the same time in the past 20 years.  

feel free to post them on here and prove how right you are.  

off you go. 

Ya, I'm not going to go do your research for you. You made the claim, let's see the substantiation. I'm not right or wrong here. I made no declarations.

Feel free to post them on here and prove how right you are. 

Off you go.  

Glen, we just sucked more - five picks is a lot, and three of them have been absolute wastes.

Yea, why didn't Scioscia draft better.

Reading comprehension fail. The metaphors I was asking to Scioscia to smoke were that the "lunatics are running the asylum" and "this is a rudderless ship." Scioscia has a major leadership role in running the asylum/ship. No, he doesn't draft, but my metaphors were (obviously, I think) about the organization as a whole.

And no, I'm not placing primary blame on Scioscia. I think this blame can be spread around quite evenly.

Every team has poor drafts now and then. Every team passes on players that end up exceeding the players they picked over them. Every team has players that fail to meet draft expectations.  

Your metaphors are hyperbolic and directing them at Scioscia is lame. 

Hultzen will be a top (probably 2-3) starter.  He, along with Paxton (who was brilliant this very night) and Taijuan Waler are on the verge of exploding in prospect rankings.  Young kids the M's would rather hold onto, but will trade for the right offensive pieces.  

M's have Felix, Iwakuma, and Erasomo Ramirez about to come back.  With any two of Paxton/Hultzen/Walker, they could have one of the most stellar pitching lineups in recent history.  Teams will be dealing for sure.  We'll see if inter-league rivals come into play soon enough. 

You hope. Chances are that only one of those guys will be good. Might be able to deal one for a solid veteran bat...

You hope. Chances are that only one of those guys will be good. Might be able to deal one for a solid veteran bat...

I think the chances are pretty decent that: one will be really good, one will be pretty good and one will be traded . . .

And I'm good with that  ;)