• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nationals open to moving Juan Soto after he rejects $440 million extension

mmc

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He’s going to get more money elsewhere

I don’t think so. He may make more money over his career but if you knock it down to 10 years that’s an AAV of 44 million per year.  Soto is great but his track record is only 3 years long, he didn’t have the long record of trout at the bargaining table.  Any team that empties their minors for this is just dumb.  If the angels have proven anything over the past 10 years is that you need more than a couple of superstars to be successful, only in the NBA can you get away with that.  If I’’m a GM I go 8 for 320 with options.  

Is Soto even worth that much? I don't see it.

I mean, he's good, we know that, but I just don't see him as a guy worthy of Trout or Ohtani kind of money. 

Is this more a market with a lack of available talent or available free agents? I can't think of many others that stand out like Soto, but the bar doesn't neccesarilly seem to be set that high.

10 minutes ago, thebloob said:

I don’t think so. He may make more money over his career but if you knock it down to 10 years that’s an AAV of 44 million per year.  Soto is great but his track record is only 3 years long, he didn’t have the long record of trout at the bargaining table.  Any team that empties their minors for this is just dumb.  If the angels have proven anything over the past 10 years is that you need more than a couple of superstars to be successful, only in the NBA can you get away with that.  If I’’m a GM I go 8 for 320 with options.  

He’s going to get $50Ish million his next two years in arbitration. Then he will be a 26 year old free agent. He will get $425-500 million for 10-14 years. 

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Is Soto even worth that much? I don't see it.

I mean, he's good, we know that, but I just don't see him as a guy worthy of Trout or Ohtani kind of money. 

Is this more a market with a lack of available talent or available free agents? I can't think of many others that stand out like Soto, but the bar doesn't neccesarilly seem to be set that high.

He’s a generational talent. He isn’t a free agent for two plus years.  He’s getting well over $400 million. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He’s a generational talent. He isn’t a free agent for two plus years.  He’s getting well over $400 million. 

See, I keep hearing writers and announcers say that, but I don't see it. They said the same thing about Bryce Harper and that guy sucks ass so I don't really buy what they say anymore. I feel like they hype players that don't deserve it to bring legitimacy to parts of the game. And while Soto deserves 75% of it I feel like it's overstated. And he'll get that contract sure but I just don't see him being worth it.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

See, I keep hearing writers and announcers say that, but I don't see it. They said the same thing about Bryce Harper and that guy sucks ass so I don't really buy what they say anymore. I feel like they hype players that don't deserve it to bring legitimacy to parts of the game. And while Soto deserves 75% of it I feel like it's overstated. And he'll get that contract sure but I just don't see him being worth it.

Harper sucks ass?  Haha. Ok. He’s a hall of fame player. Soto is a 160 OPS+ in his career at 23.  He’s a generational talent. 

Zips projects Soto to be the best position player the rest of the year. And 2nd only to Tatis in 2023 and 2024.

Id say that’s pretty good…

Whatever the nationals offer now they know Soto will get more when he’s a 25 year old FA. So he will be leaving money on the table if he signs any contract before he hits the market.

People over exaggerate security anyways, Tatis got hurt and he would still get the same $$ if not more now because teams care about projections and what the player is expected to do. Boras knows this. The nats wouldn’t be interested in an extension if Soto was gonna be a 35yr old free agent rather than a 25yr old one, any “offer” the team makes before free agency is gonna be in the teams favor so it’s better to wait.

Trading Ohtani for Soto is the stupidest idea ever imagined. Why would the Angels would trade their best pitcher and one their most productive hitters for Soto? 

Answer: Minasian and Arte could make it happen. It’s the only way to insure the organization continues to submarine into obscurity.

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

On 7/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, m0nkey said:

You notice how half these posts on this page are making fun of you? What a coincidence