• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nationals open to moving Juan Soto after he rejects $440 million extension

mmc

1 hour ago, Clark W Griswold said:

Sounds like Shohei probably isn’t re-signing with the Angels so Shohei for Soto - would you do it?  Keeping in mind either one is going to cost you a fortune and at least you get a great young player in return.

Without a second thought

Sounds like Shohei probably isn’t re-signing with the Angels so Shohei for Soto - would you do it?  Keeping in mind either one is going to cost you a fortune and at least you get a great young player in return.

When did he say anything of the sort?

48 minutes ago, Lou said:

When did he say anything of the sort?

He didn’t but this article makes it sound like at the minimum he’s in no hurry to re-sign with the Angels.  To rephrase my question would you trade him for Soto rather than risk losing him?  They could also lose Soto but I think Soto signs for the right money but Shohei will want $ and some belief that he is playing for a contender.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-07-18/shohei-ohtani-future-with-the-angels?_amp=true

2 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

He didn’t but this article makes it sound like at the minimum he’s in no hurry to re-sign with the Angels.  To rephrase my question would you trade him for Soto rather than risk losing him?  They could also lose Soto but I think Soto signs for the right money but Shohei will want $ and some belief that he is playing for a contender.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-07-18/shohei-ohtani-future-with-the-angels?_amp=true

How can you be more confident in Soto signing when he has already turned $440M from Washington? 

I think we'd have a much smaller chance of signing him than Ohtani.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

How can you be more confident in Soto signing when he has already turned $440M from Washington? 

I think we'd have a much smaller chance of signing him than Ohtani.

I think signing Soto would be easier if they offered him the huge contract. Shohei has already been a part of this shit show and sees Trout/Rendon missing games every year and a poorly run franchise. In my opinion if they gave Soto huge $ he would take it. Not so sure Shohei would.

2 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

I think signing Soto would be easier if they offered him the huge contract. Shohei has already been a part of this shit show and sees Trout/Rendon missing games every year and a poorly run franchise. In my opinion if they gave Soto huge $ he would take it. Not so sure Shohei would.

Soto knows what it's like to play for a shitshow franchise, too. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Soto knows what it's like to play for a shitshow franchise, too. 

True but he already has a ring. I think that this franchise is so bad that they might have a chance of selling their “vision” better to an outsider than to a player who knows how they really run this team.  If they feel they can’t sign Shohei then I think it’s worth a shot to try and get something for him and Soto’s the best available.  Anyone who wants to win isn’t signing with the Angels that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, Clark W Griswold said:

True but he already has a ring. I think that this franchise is so bad that they might have a chance of selling their “vision” better to an outsider than to a player who knows how they really run this team.  If they feel they can’t sign Shohei then I think it’s worth a shot to try and get something for him and Soto’s the best available.  Anyone who wants to win isn’t signing with the Angels that’s for sure.

“Juan Soto wants to win,” Boras explained at the time, as quoted by Washington Post writer Jesse Dougherty. “So the first thing that’s gonna have to happen is that he knows that he’s working with an ownership that’s gonna annually try to compete and win. And then I think once he knows that, then he’ll be ready to sit down and talk whenever they choose to talk.”

If there were a third team that really wanted Ohtani (and can afford to extend him) we could trade Ohtani for prospects then flip that prospect value to the Nationals.  Would you rather have Soto for 2 plus years or Ohtani for 1 plus.  If it’s clear that Ohtani won’t sign an extension I think you have to do it.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

I bet Shohei likes blueberry syrup.

In the realm of flavored syrups blueberry syrup really is the best. 

One of the best things about Ihop is they offer blueberry syrup. 

Now if we're talking regular syrup, I like the real stuff, and I don't skimp. I go for the $15 a bottle stuff cause Mrs. Butterworths just doesn't do it for me anymore. Slip those eggs between those flapjacks too. Mmmm hmmmm heaven. 

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

In the realm of flavored syrups blueberry syrup really is the best. 

One of the best things about Ihop is they offer blueberry syrup. 

Now if we're talking regular syrup, I like the real stuff, and I don't skimp. I go for the $15 a bottle stuff cause Mrs. Butterworths just doesn't do it for me anymore. Slip those eggs between those flapjacks too. Mmmm hmmmm heaven. 

CalsiAngel

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Soto is not going to be traded here and Ohtani is not signing here. The Nationals and Angels will be both be in rebuild mode. Angels should sign Albert in off season so he can hit number 700 as an Angel. 

Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

Where execs think Soto will land

https://www.mlb.com/news/executives-weigh-in-on-juan-soto-trade-possibilities

MLB.com polled 17 front-office executives about their thoughts on the Soto situation, getting an inside look at the way decision-makers are viewing this superstar sweepstakes.

Which three teams do you view as the favorites to trade for Soto?

Padres 8
Dodgers 7
Cardinals 3
Mariners 3
Mets 3
Rays 3
Yankees 3
Giants 2
Blue Jays
Brewers
Cubs
Rangers