• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout improving, but still unable to return to lineup

12 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I have a sinking feeling he’s going to play in the All Star Game. And that’s complete BS. It would reveal a lot about him and about the team. You can’t sit four games to get yourself healthy for the all star game. I don’t care where we’re at as a team. 

And if he does play, would that impact the ability to back date the start of his IL stint?

12 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I have a sinking feeling he’s going to play in the All Star Game. And that’s complete BS. It would reveal a lot about him and about the team. You can’t sit four games to get yourself healthy for the all star game. I don’t care where we’re at as a team. 

Agreed. The ASG is pointless 

Just now, Stradling said:

My point is if he decides to play it isn’t disrespectful to the team. 

Oh—ok. I disagree. I don’t think it is necessarily intentional, but it looks very much like resting FOR the ASG at the expense of games that count in the standings. I think that’s a really bad look. Guys that are dinged up are opting out and he should too. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

My point is if he decides to play it isn’t disrespectful to the team. 

It definitely isn't, but I wouldn't blame anyone if they feel like it is. 

Miss a week against good teams that count then show up for a game that doesn't matter? On paper, it just doesn't look good. 

Again, it doesn't bother me at all if he plays in the All Star Game. The All Star Game is designed to see players like Trout. 

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

Oh—ok. I disagree. I don’t think it is necessarily intentional, but it looks very much like resting FOR the ASG at the expense of games that count in the standings. I think that’s a really bad look. Guys that are dinged up are opting out and he should too. 

I don’t think he’ll play in the ASG 

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

If that’s what you want to see or think then go for it. 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We are getting to the point that we are just wanting to be pissed so this is the next thing to be pissed about.  

With no Angels games until Friday, you should expect more of this…

I assumed most people’s reason for why it didn’t matter was “We suck anyways” or “He’s a grown man.” Which are, in my humble opinion, bad reasons to say it doesn’t matter. As a fan of the team I think it sends a bad message. I’m not owed anything, Im a stinking nobody on the internet. But I still think it’s not cool. Whether we are hideous or not. But I digress.