• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (July 9th, 2022) 1PM PST

Chuck

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I get it.  My wife and I went around and around with if we were going to re-up our season tickets.  We did, and for 37 games, it was awesome.

Now it sucks.  It sucks worse than any season I can remember being a season seat holder.  Will we renew?  I highly doubt it, but Arte already has this years money, so aside from buying beers from him, it’s too late for me.

And trust me, this team can drive a man to drink.

i swear to god i remember you saying you were a woman way early on, then i read the beginning of this post and i was like, "i didn't know she was lesbian.". howvever, once you closed with "drive a man to drink", i was lost for good.

2 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I am lost as to the offense’s inability to score runs. I mean truly lost. 3 times with a runner at third one out, and all you need is to hit the ball hard and/or to the right side. Easier said than done, but are we sure these guys know how to do that? Also, this team looks completely overmatched against every pitcher they face. Every one! How does Jeremy Reed not have a good scouting report? How can a team go 7 weeks being totally incompetent on offense and make no adjustments? It’s just mind boggling. 

What I can't believe is that asshole Iglesias lost the game for us, again! OH WAIT NO, once again it was a lack of situational hitting and a terrible approach at the plate.

If I'm this embarrassed about watching this team it must be unbearable to show up to that clubhouse day in day out just to spend 5, 6, 7 hours a day with a bunch of losers. 

This team sucks ass and there shouldn't be one son of a bitch in that dugout smiling, but then I hear a Trout interview like there's a party in the clubhouse, and that kind of shit doesn't turn things around anytime soon.

I'm most frustrated because nobody on this team seems to want to do anything about being losers, they are a complete embarrasment at this point.

4 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

2.  I don’t think it virtually guarantees a spot, but he will probably get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  He’s earned that, I believe.

Especially in a season that is pretty much meaningless.   The team needs to know how he will fit into their future plans.  Unless he has a physical limitation, he will be in the lineup every day.

I’m still thinking about this. The Angels should be tripping and falling their way into 3 runs a game with their 1-5 guys alone. How can it be this lethargic? How can we not put up a 7-8 run game on accident over 45 days? The Pirates Royals and A’s do. The Dbacks do. I mean seriously, how does that make sense? Couldn’t Jared Walsh like accidentally hit a home run every 10 games or so? Brandon Marsh strike out at 40 % rather than 50%, and Max Stassi get an XBH unintentionally more than once every 15 games? Some of this stuff is just too weird to explain. Like, really weird. How did an offense go from tops in the league to 29th over the last 6 weeks? I am just confounded. Not angry; this is like a weird mystery. 

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

i swear to god i remember you saying you were a woman way early on, then i read the beginning of this post and i was like, "i didn't know she was lesbian.". howvever, once you closed with "drive a man to drink", i was lost for good.

@ukyah I swear to god I’ve NEVER said I was a woman way early on.  My screen name was a nickname I had from work.  But honestly, this team will make a guy drink.  I promise 

A microcosm of the last few months. With the exception of a great game by Sandoval. And no bullpen breakdowns. Good luck duplicating that again!

Maybe Ohtani should cut back his hitting and pitch more often. This season he's much better on the mound, and no one seems to make a difference at the plate anymore. Won't make a difference for the season, and he gets more attention as a slugger, yet he is their ace. 

You get interesting thoughts from opposition broadcasters. Ben McDonald had some good observations about how to pitch to the Angels. In a nutshell, challenge them with high heat. He was very impressed with how Sandoval improved his mechanics

Another double digit strikeout game. No runs scored. Failure to drive in men from third with less than two out. Trout looking at strike three. And a blunder on the bases from Marsh that killed a potential rally. 5 -3 -5 double plays are pretty rare. And Nevin's fringe MLB son kept the tag on! Nice irony. 

As solid as Rendon is, when healthy, he is one guy whose WAR in a healthy season usually doesn’t exceed 6.

He does admittedly help the batter ahead of him and the one behind him, and stabilizes the defense on the left side of the INF.

Keeping him healthy would be huge next season, but they still have to resolve the hitting woes in the second half of the order, put together a solid bullpen for the first time in years, have Minasian bring in a manager and coaching staff who can get the most out of the team and bring back a long missing winning attitude that lasts beyond just a month or so, and of course extend Ohtani and hopefully also Syndergaard.

A lot of work to be done going forward 

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

@ukyah I swear to god I’ve NEVER said I was a woman way early on.  My screen name was a nickname I had from work.  But honestly, this team will make a guy drink.  I promise 

Well thank God you've cleared that up because from the pictures you've posted you would have had a reasonable lawsuit for the Trans surgery failure. 

25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

As solid as Rendon is, when healthy, he is one guy whose WAR in a healthy season usually doesn’t exceed 6.

I think based of his short history with us it would be a bit absurd to expect Rendon to be healthy for any long stretch of time during the remainder of his time with us.

Dude is injury prone and getting older. You can't rely on him to be playing the entire time. Unfortunately we're stuck with him and it's going to hurt the team.

7 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I think based of his short history with us it would be a bit absurd to expect Rendon to be healthy for any long stretch of time during the remainder of his time with us.

Dude is injury prone and getting older. You can't rely on him to be playing the entire time. Unfortunately we're stuck with him and it's going to hurt the team.

I give him one more season to stay healthy enough.   If he doesn’t in 2023, then they may have to move on, which sucks since they would still be on the hook for $115 million.

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

Well thank God you've cleared that up because from the pictures you've posted you would have had a reasonable lawsuit for the Trans surgery failure. 

admittedly, although i've been here for awhile and i do pop on everyday, i'm a part time participant. i don't get involved too frequently with anything other than the current state of the angels. point being, i will miss tons of the personal stuff you guys got going on. also, i'm a little disappointed pattyD isn't a woman because i liked having some diversity on here, which has now been reduced, however i'm sure that one of you is a woman and i'm not aware of it.

other than middle aged white men, of which i count myself,  i'm aware of one mexican old man, an overweight gay dude, a couple white male gen Z'ers i guess, a white middle aged male mariner fan, aannnnd that's about it. RIP female pattyD, you will be missed.

edit: i updated a couple new ones i thought of.

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

admittedly, although i've been her for awhile and i do pop on everyday, i'm a part time participant. i don't get involved too frequently with anything other than the current state of the angels. point being, i will miss tons of the personal stuff you guys got going on. also, i'm a little disappointed pattyD isn't a woman because i liked having some diversity on here, which has now been reduced, however i'm sure that one of you is a woman and i'm not aware of it.

other than middle aged white men, of which i count myself,  i'm aware of one mexican old man, an overweight gay dude, a couple white male gen Z'ers i guess, a white middle aged male mariner fan, aannnnd that's about it. RIP female pattyD, you will be missed.

edit: i updated a couple new ones i thought of.

It’s like my obituary @ukyah.  I hate that.  I’ll miss you also, but I’ll always be here.  I love this site, and I’ve met some really great people.

there ARE women who love the Halos but in the best of times there's too much circular jer* off and misogyny with lots of memes that women just think " Oh, gross."   The mods don't care that too many threads devolve into the aforesaid j*rkoffs and vagina references.  This isn't the way to maintain a fan site.  I'm as disappointed as anyone this season but I don't think it should lead to posts that creep out the few women still on the site.  

5 hours ago, vnrose said:

there ARE women who love the Halos but in the best of times there's too much circular jer* off and misogyny with lots of memes that women just think " Oh, gross."   The mods don't care that too many threads devolve into the aforesaid j*rkoffs and vagina references.  This isn't the way to maintain a fan site.  I'm as disappointed as anyone this season but I don't think it should lead to posts that creep out the few women still on the site.  

Then be the change you want to see, @vnrose. Post more often, offer that different point of view and I'm sure you'll see a slight change in behaviour. And if someone is indulging in misogyny call them out, most here will side with you against most types of  prejudice although there are a few notable exceptions (and we have an ignore function for the worst of those).

So please, do post more often, feminise the site from the inside! Don't ask for change, be the change you want to see, I'd love to hear a different perspective on this year's Angels debacle.