• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels are the only team without a prospect in MLB Pipeline’s mid season top 100

mmc

Jeremiah Jackson is another guy who probably would rank in the 100-200 range. So I think the list of guys who are candidates for the top 100 by the end of the year, and thus probably in the 100-200 range right now, is:

Jeremiah Jackson, Werner Blakely, Edgar Quero, Chase Silseth, Sam Bachman, Ky Bush. I think you could make an argument for Coleman Crow at least deserving consideration.

As IP also mentioned, Adrian Placencia is a guy to watch. He's got an unusual approach and is exhibiting advanced plate discipline. Plus, he seems to be getting better as the year progresses, which is a very good sign. Like Blakely and Quero, he'll be in A+ ball sometime in the second half.

Players with the potential to be there, but need to either have better second halves or just stay healthy: Jordyn Adams, Kyren Paris, Arol Vera, Alexander Ramirez, Mason Erla.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Just now, Lou said:

What is their combined WAR?

It really doesn’t matter does it?  I mean the biggest need of a farm is to supplement the big league club with players that can fit into the rotation or be regulars in a line up.  If we have a steady stream of guys that can supplement the big spending you can stay competitive versus constantly spending free agent dollars to supplement the poor farm.  

Just now, Stradling said:

It really doesn’t matter does it?  I mean the biggest need of a farm is to supplement the big league club with players that can fit into the rotation or be regulars in a line up.  If we have a steady stream of guys that can supplement the big spending you can stay competitive versus constantly spending free agent dollars to supplement the poor farm.  

Yes, it matters. Supplementing the big names with guys who aren't producing is a recipe for disaster, as we all have seen. 

Just now, Lou said:

Yes, it matters. Supplementing the big names with guys who aren't producing is a recipe for disaster, as we all have seen. 

But those guys are fine as supplements.  They just aren’t going to carry a team, but they are fine as supplements.  

2 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Fan of Volpe's so I've followed his box scores this season.  Thru the end of May he was slashing .203/.312/.373, but since June 1 he's hitting .307/.383/.553.  The steals have been there the whole time but I don't know if he's that much of a speed guy

Yep, he got off to a horrible start.  Great prospect.

The organization as a whole seems to be in a funky-funk (never used that term before) the past few years.  Has it been brought up that since Arte's name-change, things haven't gone well?  I'll be the first to admit that I'm reaching, but perhaps it should at least be discussed going back to being the "California Angels"  and stay that way.  Aside from landing Ohtani, not at lot of good has happened to our team. 

34 minutes ago, 79CAAman said:

The organization as a whole seems to be in a funky-funk (never used that term before) the past few years.  Has it been brought up that since Arte's name-change, things haven't gone well?  I'll be the first to admit that I'm reaching, but perhaps it should at least be discussed going back to being the "California Angels"  and stay that way.  Aside from landing Ohtani, not at lot of good has happened to our team. 

The name change has ZERO impact on the play. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The name change has ZERO impact on the play. 

If I would have had to guess who would actually respond to that, I would have picked you.

Let's make this thread interesting for @Jay

some of you have noted a bunch of players who are pretty decent major leaguers who were never top 100 guys.  Who cares really.  Also, I think that given the Angels track record.  Which is bad.  There probably is some unintentional bias against when it comes to Angels farm hands.  From an industry perspective.  Honestly, fair enough.