• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who gets fired next?

Who gets fired next?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The next to get the axe will be ...

• Matt Wise
    • Jeremy Reed
    • Perry Minasian
    • Phil Nevin
    • Someone else
    • The MLB will force Arte to sell the team
  2. 2. BONUS: When will the firing occur?

• This week
    • ASB/later this month
    • Closer to the end of the season
    • Clean house during the off season

7 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

And yet, the team wasn't fired up, proceeded to get embarrassed by the Astros, and if not for Ohtani going on a rampage over his last 5 starts, would have a significantly worse record under Nevin than even under Maddon. Fans are only defending it because the team has been so utterly atrocious that we have nothing else to hang our hat on. 

Alot of teams get embarrassed by the Astros.  We can't gauge the team on how they do against outliers like the Astros, Yankees and Mets.  

2 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Of course not. Point being that stuff like fights, throwing at opposing players, flipping tables, tirades, etc, don't accomplish anything unless the team is already good. Otherwise just looks dumb

Nothing looks more dumb than a 68-years old trying to pump up his team by getting a mohawk right before getting fired. 

That will always be funny.

Didnt read whole tbread, but...

Maybe the Sosh haters will reevaluate now?

And I dont say that to defend Sosh. But like a lot of us mentioned back then, this isnt a manager issue. Or an owner issue. Etc etc.

Its a bad team issue. With lots of blame to go around. Not one person.

45 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Of course not. Point being that stuff like fights, throwing at opposing players, flipping tables, tirades, etc, don't accomplish anything unless the team is already good. Otherwise just looks dumb

We replaced a guy who got a Mohawk to fire up his team to one that protected his best player to fire up his team. I’ll still call it an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

He just seems dumb. The mess against the M's and him getting suspended for 10 games because he made it obvious that he put in the reliever just to throw at Wanker was a prime example of that. The Angels don't need a Maddon but they don't need some roided up angry hockey dad either. 

Weaver would have done the same thing without needing to be told by Nevin. Nevin has a legitimate baseball pedigree. Catagorizing him as a "dumb, roided up hockey coach" says more about you than Nevin.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Weaver would have done the same thing without needing to be told by Nevin. Nevin has a legitimate baseball pedigree. Catagorizing him as a "dumb, roided up hockey coach" says more about you than Nevin.

Yep. Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Lol. Weaver throws his 85 mph fastball up and in, says a few words, and moves on. He's doesn't instigate a teamwide temper tantrum and his dumb ass suspended for 10 games by openly admitting he intended to hurt the batter

On 7/4/2022 at 9:41 AM, Stradling said:

Reed and quite frankly I have no idea if it matters.  I doubt Reed is the reason the team is looking at strike three as often as they are.  To me it feels like they are trying to target pitch and location for the hitter to be successful. So when they get that pitch they swing and when they don’t they let it go or are less aggressive, even with two strikes.  I have no idea if that is a team philosophy or Reed or my imagination.

Reminds me of something Gubi said early in the season (feels so long ago). He said these guys (Rendon, Trout, Ward) are not going to chase. And they were willing to take close strikes if it wasn't a pitch for them to hit. The two still standing take a lot of strikes. However, I think it has dulled their edge. And I think Stassi and Walsh do the same thing, and I see Marsh starting to look at strike 1 quite a bit. I do think Reed, if he preaches anything, preaches wait for your pitch. However I think teams have seen this and now get them into 2-strike counts a lot easier. I've noticed a ton of Take Strike 1, Foul Strike 2, swing at a bad pitch strike 3. I don't like this strategy. 

On 7/7/2022 at 11:55 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Didnt read whole tbread, but...

Maybe the Sosh haters will reevaluate now?

And I dont say that to defend Sosh. But like a lot of us mentioned back then, this isnt a manager issue. Or an owner issue. Etc etc.

Its a bad team issue. With lots of blame to go around. Not one person.

I honestly think we would not be in this situation if this was Scioscia's 23rd year managing. 

Grass looked greener after 2018, but Ausmus was terrible, Maddon was just ok, and Nevin has been Terrible. They seemed to forget how to hit. And pitch. And do anything correctly. It's bad lineup decisions, and bad everything. 

Blame Arte for spending on the wrong guys, blame injuries, but Scioscia would have this team at or near .500 despite their struggles.

44 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I honestly think we would not be in this situation if this was Scioscia's 23rd year managing. 

Grass looked greener after 2018, but Ausmus was terrible, Maddon was just ok, and Nevin has been Terrible. They seemed to forget how to hit. And pitch. And do anything correctly. It's bad lineup decisions, and bad everything. 

Blame Arte for spending on the wrong guys, blame injuries, but Scioscia would have this team at or near .500 despite their struggles.

Nice to have you back hubs as you wade in on halos

tata

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

Sciosca seemed to assign some players specific roles and found opportunities to put those players into those roles during the game. Every other manager since seems to have the same roles but tries to plug players into those roles with little regard.

Scioscia drove me nuts with how he used his roster, but it was certainly more successful than what is going on now.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:59 AM, Stradling said:

Yea, I don’t think they bump him down, but they could hire someone that comes in as a POBO which in essence bumps him down without actually bumping him down.  

I have thought this for a long time, especially since Arte seems to like bringing in first-time GMs. They should have a more experienced baseball person with a solid vision of how the whole org should look in charge of the overall baseball ops while the rookie GM puts it all together.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:22 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Nice to have you back hubs as you wade in on halos

I watch every game I just don't post as much as you do. 

I've really had nothing to post about. I like being positive, but there has not been much to be positive about.

Rengifo is back to being awful. He's not Aybar or even Izturis.

Villar hasn't been good. 

Stefanic and McKinnon are bright spots.

They need to swap Adell for Marsh for a few weeks. Marsh is the superior defender but he needs to work on his swing.

Thaiss should be catching every other day for the last two and half months to see if he can do it as a backup/platoon guy with Stassi.

8 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I've really had nothing to post about. I like being positive, but there has not been much to be positive about.

Villar hasn't been good. 

They need to swap Adell for Marsh for a few weeks. Marsh is the superior defender but he needs to work on his swing.

Thaiss should be catching every other day for the last two and half months to see if he can do it as a backup/platoon guy with Stassi.

Rengifo is not awful. He has been a small bright spot for halos. He will be batting third in tonight's lineup. He may be traded before deadline. With Ohtani most likely electing FA after 2023 do you trade him. With Angel's so many needs is it time for a total rebuild?

7 hours ago, Hubs said:

Villar hasn't been good. 

Hubs give little love for Rengifo