• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/2): Angels @ Astros - Sandoval starts

Just now, failos said:

Can’t disagree with you there. He just looks like he doesn’t care. Hard to imagine a competitor like Trout would just give up, though.

I said he was "going through the motions" a while back and it was like I just insulted his wife and son.

He cares. But if he truly was just giving up then he doesn't deserve to win, ever.

Fortunately, I don't believe this is the case at all. But there's clearly something in his head right now.

2 minutes ago, failos said:

Can’t disagree with you there. He just looks like he doesn’t care. Hard to imagine a competitor like Trout would just give up, though.

I imagine he’s frustrated and pissed off on how the season has gone. Have you ever tried to accomplish a difficult task when you were feeling that way? it’s darn near impossible and baseball is a difficult task

1 minute ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Hard to bring your A game when you are frustrated and feel helpless. He would not slump like this with another team.

that's a load of shit. you have no way of knowing that in any remotely reasonable fashion.

Just now, ukyah said:

that's a load of shit. you have no way of knowing that in any remotely reasonable fashion.

You don’t think he’s frustrated with how things are going? If every single player on that team isn’t frustrated then I don’t want them on the team

4 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

My friends ask me this all the time @Docwaukee.  I simply shake my head and say “I have no freaking clue.”

There is no answer besides the ones you and @Angelsjunkyhave given prior.

And @tdawg87also.  His are more straight to the point 

You mean:

Doc(Pre-season): "This team really needs more depth, or we're going to have problems."

AJ: "The team's performance shows how stars and scrubs doesn't work. Now let me further explicate this in a short novel."

tdawg87: "F#$#*$## THIS F(#@#$ING TEAM!!!!!!!"

1 minute ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Hard to bring your A game when you are frustrated and feel helpless. He would not slump like this with another team.

Just now, Jason said:

I imagine he’s frustrated and pissed off on how the season has gone. Have you ever tried to accomplish a difficult task when you were feeling that way? it’s darn near impossible and baseball is a difficult task

These takes are so dumb.

Stop looking for every possible way to make excuses for Trout. He deserves shit when he's playing like shit just like everyone else. 

If he's not playing well because he's "frustrated" then he's a damn headcase.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

You mean:

Doc(Pre-season): "This team really needs more depth, or we're going to have problems."

AJ: "The team's performance shows how stars and scrubs doesn't work. Now let me further explicate this in a short novel."

Um, I'm not AO.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

These takes are so dumb.

Stop looking for every possible way to make excuses for Trout. He deserves shit when he's playing like shit just like everyone else. 

Baseball is a game that takes focus and concentration. That’s not easy to do when you’re frustrated and yes, I expect him to be frustrated with losing another season in his career. You wouldn’t be frustrated?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I get what you are saying but he had 2 on and they were down 5-1 earlier.  That’s not helpless.  A big hit and they are right back in it. No excuse for an all time great to check out or feel helpless.

To me it’s more likely that the other guys look and see him weakly striking out and it ruins them. “If he can’t do it how can I?”

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

You mean:

That’s not exactly what I meant with @tdawg87.  He’s right about his views on strikeouts and he’s right on his opinion of Trout.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

These takes are so dumb.

Yup. And let's not forget that Trout completely shit the bed--with the worst slump of his career--during the losing streak.

Now obviously a player as great as he is has extra weight on his shoulders, but that doesn't make him exempt from criticism. He's not coming through, and he didn't come through during the streak.

If we fast forward a few months and look back on the season, we're going to pinpoint that losing streak as when the season essentially ended, and the Angels were never able to get their shit together again after (or, more likely considering their history, they'll get hot in August or September when it is too late).

Trout is supposed to be the team leader. We'll never know, but him getting hot in the middle of that losing streak might have changed everything.

1 minute ago, Clark W Griswold said:

I get what you are saying but he had 2 on and they were down 5-1 earlier.  That’s not helpless.  A big hit and they are right back in it. No excuse for an all time great to check out or feel helpless.

To me it’s more likely that the other guys look and see him weakly striking out and it ruins them. “If he can’t do it how can I?”

I mean there’s always the possibility that he’s just passed his prime and we’re starting to see a decline. I think we all agree that there is something wrong but I honestly believe he still can perform at a high-level

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Baseball is a game that takes focus and concentration. That’s not easy to do when you’re frustrated and yes, I expect him to be frustrated with losing another season in his career. You wouldn’t be frustrated?

I agree with you, but Shohei is doing fine. Trout’s slumps are super odd.

Just now, Clark W Griswold said:

Stop it. Unless you are in the dugout you don’t know how people think. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I didn't say he wasn't frustrated.

I said if he's not playing well because he is frustrated then he is a headcase. 

Is it ok for a pitcher to melt down in an inning because a player made an error?

1 minute ago, failos said:

I agree with you, but Shohei is doing fine. Trout’s slumps are super odd.

And obviously none of us are going to figure out what’s wrong with him. It could be simply that the shitty team is just dragging him down

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I didn't say he wasn't frustrated.

I said if he's not playing well because he is frustrated then he is a headcase. 

Is it ok for a pitcher to melt down in an inning because a player made an error?

I agree with you and we should expect more from a $400 million player, especially with someone with his talents