• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/2): Angels @ Astros - Sandoval starts

Didn't see the game. But the box score is putrid. And of course, the only run via a solo homer.

Maybe this is deeper rock bottom than the losing streak. Things were supposed to improve. Even if just morale and efficiency. Instead they show they are non competitive and vastly outclassed in most ( non Ohtani pitched) games against good teams. Maybe need a division two for the non contenders to play each other more and live with a false sense of reality.

Or maybe move into the PAC 12 now without USC and UCLA.

8 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

What a shock! A negative remark from Stradling. I am not sure why he bothers to read my posts.

Well making excuses for Trout is bullshit.  Turning him into a victim is bullshit. If you have that opinion then my opinion is that’s a bullshit opinion. Once again it’s pitcher against hitter. If Trout strikes out that’s on Trout and not on his situation. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I just watched the "highlights" and almost threw up. How did you guys watch the entire game?

I can't. It's bad.

I can't stop saying it, someone needs to tell these guys to go up there and hit your pitch. Screw the count. Stop taking strikes down the pipe. Be ready to swing. Hit the best pitch you get.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well making excuses for Trout is bullshit.  Turning him into a victim is bullshit. If you have that opinion then my opinion is that’s a bullshit opinion. Once again it’s pitcher against hitter. If Trout strikes out that’s on Trout and not on his situation. 

Do you not understand the situation Trout is in? He's locked in on a team with so much dysfunction he has to tell a pitcher on his own that he's tipping pitches. 

I'm not a sympathizer in a lot of ways but goddamn, the guy is literally a unicorn with nothing under him for support. The franchise has to be weighing on his shoulders. Atleast I would feel that way if I was him. Sure I hit a home run twice in a game but we're down 8 runs. 

Jesus Strad, time to look a gift horse in the mouth.

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

I can't. It's bad.

I can't stop saying it, someone needs to tell these guys to go up there and hit your pitch. Screw the count. Stop taking strikes down the pipe. Be ready to swing. Hit the best pitch you get.

Do you not understand the situation Trout is in? He's locked in on a team with so much dysfunction he has to tell a pitcher on his own that he's tipping pitches. 

I'm not a sympathizer in a lot of ways but goddamn, the guy is literally a unicorn with nothing under him for support. The franchise has to be weighing on his shoulders. Atleast I would feel that way if I was him. Sure I hit a home run twice in a game but we're down 8 runs. 

Jesus Strad, time to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I appreciate Trout, but I’m not going to pretend he’s not striking out because of Mike Trout and not his situation. You guys want to make him a victim. I think that’s dumb. 
Also we are blowing this pitch tipping WAY out of proportion. But that’s what we do when the team loses. We focus on the dumbest shit and turn it into something it isn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I appreciate Trout, but I’m not going to pretend he’s not striking out because of Mike Trout and not his situation. You guys want to make him a victim. I think that’s dumb. 
Also we are blowing this pitch tipping WAY out of proportion. But that’s what we do when the team loses. We focus on the dumbest shit and turn it into something it isn’t. 

The only reason I bring up the tip pitching is because it's a symptom of bigger problems. It's emblematic of other issues in the organization that Trout is obviously aware of. It's painful to see. These are things he shouldn't even be responsible for pointing out.

I know Trout will get out of this, that's just the guy he is. But at this point, in this season, I'm not going to pile on him for his performance. I think the reality of his situation is setting in, and it is downright painful to watch. I can't even imagine what it takes to put on a Halos uniform and walk out to center field in Houston knowing their organization is tiers above who he's playing for.

He will never play the victim card but you can only put the weight of an organization on your back for so long until you start wondering if anybody has a clue what they're doing.

9 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

The only reason I bring up the tip pitching is because it's a symptom of bigger problems. It's emblematic of other issues in the organization that Trout is obviously aware of. It's painful to see. These are things he shouldn't even be responsible for pointing out.

I know Trout will get out of this, that's just the guy he is. But at this point, in this season, I'm not going to pile on him for his performance. I think the reality of his situation is setting in, and it is downright painful to watch. I can't even imagine what it takes to put on a Halos uniform and walk out to center field in Houston knowing their organization is tiers above who he's playing for.

He will never play the victim card but you can only put the weight of an organization on your back for so long until you start wondering if anybody has a clue what they're doing.

But you guys are playing the victim card for him. If he plays well yesterday then it could be an entirely different game. If he played well during the 14 games losing streak we don’t lose 14 in a row, since we lost 7 of those by 1 run. He’s amazing, the best I’ve ever seen do it clean. But once again it’s him against the pitcher, and he’s the one failing in that moment, not Arte, not Perry, it’s Mike. 

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not making excuses for him at all ..But he is human and can still fall victim to human frailties