• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

The Blue Jays are “closing in on” a deal for Marlins reliever Zach Pop, reports Shi Davidi of Sportsnet. Other pieces are expected to be involved as well, with Blue Jays prospect Jordan Groshans believed to be headed to the Marlins. Craig Mish of Sportsgrid says that Anthony Bass is also heading to the Jays. Jon Heyman of the New York Post says that the Jays will also get a smaller piece, which Davidi relays is a player to be named later.

More to come.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Someone check to see if Minasian is awake.

Minasian thinks we're a couple of lucky bounces away from being contenders next year, so there's no plan to sell. Just hope the entire roster stays healthy all season, 15 or so players have career years, and we're a 95 win team. Very reasonable expectation

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Blue Jays are “closing in on” a deal for Marlins reliever Zach Pop, reports Shi Davidi of Sportsnet. Other pieces are expected to be involved as well, with Blue Jays prospect Jordan Groshans believed to be headed to the Marlins. Craig Mish of Sportsgrid says that Anthony Bass is also heading to the Jays. Jon Heyman of the New York Post says that the Jays will also get a smaller piece, which Davidi relays is a player to be named later.

More to come.

Wonder if that means they’re out on Syndergaard.

27 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

He has been a bust overall.  If you want to “officially” say I was wrong that’s 100% OK with me.  I really believed he would be much better than he has been

Not gonna lie, when I made the initial comment I had someone else in mind. 

No idea what your thought process was at the time but, moving from Kauffman to Petco was always going to impact his power and his power was never impressive.

As far as being wrong goes... Show me who hasn't been wrong on this site.  I'll wait (Shut up @Lou).

27 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

He had hit 25 homers two years on a row.

If you really think it was crazy to think the Angels could use a guy like that, then OK.

AP hit 54 HRs those two years.  I was less intrigued by his mediocre power than I was his spike in OBP his final year in KC.  His career .335 OBP was bad for a 1B.

Hosmer was a good dude, he was still a solid defensive 1B at the time and honestly I think people tend to underrate the importance of defense at 1B, so that was actually a feather in his cap IMO.  He just never made sense because the Angels were stuck with AP -- there was no way around that.   

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Sure would've been nice to add Groshans to our SS depth. Not saying we could have matched that exactly, but. Whatever. 

Tough seeing such a good seller's market go by when we've never been in a better place to sell some pieces. 

Yeah, I liked him too.  Not sure what's happened to him this year, completely cratered -- but if they Jays were willing to sell low he wouldn't have been a bad get for Syndergaard.