• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I admit Hosmer has been a fraction of what I thought he would be in San Diego.  I felt his downside was still going to be serviceable but that there was a good chance (like many hitters) that his power would go up during his age 28-33 years.

I was wrong about that.

But the reality is Hosmer today would start over Walsh.

If by fraction of what you thought he'd be you mean he's been a giant bust, I agree.

As far as Walsh/Hosmer goes... the difference in salary makes any gain in performance a net loss.  Jared Walsh has put up 3.5 bWAR in his 300 games with the Angels.  Hosmer 3.9 in 596 for the Padres.   

105 Mil .vs a guy who isn't A1 eligible until next year.   At least with Walsh one can hope he will rebound, Hosmer is what he is and he's still owed 40 mil.

If the Angels trade Syndergaard, or three expensive BP arms, or one of their young OF...what would we see in return.

Baseball Trade Values is drastically underrating the pen arms. Negative values. There is too much volatility in BP arms, and none have been good, but certainly all would command something positive in a trade.

They also underrate Syndergaard. 

The Blue Jays and Phillies both have interest, Phillies are rumored to want an OF too. Yanks maybe.

I mean, I'd take back Cavan Biggio in a deal for Syndergaard in a hot second. Or one of their four major league caliber catchers. Or both if we included a pen arm.

From the Phillies?

They want CF help, the two young guys are still gonna cost big in a trade, even with Marsh's strikeouts and Adell's inept fielding. They don't have to be moved for a long time. Ward slightly more likely, but he's not hitting well, so...

I don't see any fit on their major league club, and am not that familiar with their prospects.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I mean, I'd take back Cavan Biggio in a deal for Syndergaard in a hot second

I've been thinking for a few days now Biggio seems like an extraordinarily likely return if we dealt basically anyone to Toronto.

Just hope he wouldn't wind up being the next Grant Green/Franklin Barreto.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

1. Fernando Tatis Jr (SS) 2. Juan Soto (RF) 3. Manny Machado (3B) 4. Josh Bell (1B) 5. Luke Voit (DH) 6. Jake Cronenworth (2B) 7. Nola/Alfaro (C) 8. Trent Grisham (CF) 9. Jurickson Profar (LF

Joe Musgrove
Yu Darvish
Mike Clevinger
Sean Manaea
Blake Snell

Josh Hader closer

Profar has been reborn in SD.

.770 OPS so far in 2022

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If by fraction of what you thought he'd be you mean he's been a giant bust, I agree.

As far as Walsh/Hosmey goes... the difference in salary makes any gain in performance a net loss.  Jared Walsh has put up 3.5 bWAR in his 300 games with the Angels.  Hosmer 3.9 in 596 for the Padres.   

105 Mil .vs a guy who isn't A1 eligible until next year.   At least with Walsh one can hope he will rebound, Hosmer is what he is and he's still owed 40 mil.

He has been a bust overall.  If you want to “officially” say I was wrong that’s 100% OK with me.  I really believed he would be much better than he has been.

The guy was only 27 and was coming of his best season hitting .318/.385/.498.

He had hit 25 homers two years in a row.

If you really think it was crazy to think the Angels could use a guy like that, then OK.

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Sure would've been nice to add Groshans to our SS depth. Not saying we could have matched that exactly, but. Whatever. 

Tough seeing such a good seller's market go by when we've never been in a better place to sell some pieces. 

We're clearly going to be contenders next year after re-signing Syndergaard to a 4 year deal and adding a 35 year old reliever and nothing else

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Sure would've been nice to add Groshans to our SS depth. Not saying we could have matched that exactly, but. Whatever. 

Tough seeing such a good seller's market go by when we've never been in a better place to sell some pieces. 

Selling them in 1 big package!